• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Kewl Stuff

jmnbub8azeye.gif

Oh, mai!
ushq9lkytrlg.gif

Last edited:
The legendary Simon Phillips, best known for taking over as drummer for The Who after they fried Kenny Jones and best known among drummers for being ambidextrous on the kit.

The legendary Simon Phillips, best known for taking over as drummer for The Who after they fried Kenny Jones and best known among drummers for being ambidextrous on the kit.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a difference between being "ambidextrous" and "open" style of drumming?

BTW, in other Kewl Stuff that is drummer related, I just learned that the also world renowned Steve Gadd was Nicko McBrain's (Iron Maiden) drum tech until 1995 or so.

Thank you for that clear and concise answer and for not weighing us down with the boring details.

I thought you'd like that.

Ambidextrous drummers can lead with either hand or foot and are just as comfortable playing left or right handed. Open style drummers are either left it righted handed in how they pkay, but they setup their drums opposite of the common setup for their dominant side. There aren't very many open style drummers out there and there are even fewer ambidextrous drummers.

Great video!
It's amazing how much that looks like an early/mid 2000's GTO at a quick glance.

Great video!
It's amazing how much that looks like an early/mid 2000's GTO at a quick glance.

WOW, I never really thought that, but I was watching in my office and my buddy was standing in my doorway and said "What is that. a new GTO?".

DAYUMMM, @Zing drivin a Pontiac look a like.

Ok, enough ball busitng for now, I love well made videos like that and the message on the phone already has me jonesin to see who else is out there.

Back