• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Heeman - WI Basement HT Build

Yeah... I have a little DIY project for Heeman to solve some of the problems he would like to see dealt with. More on that later.

So one of Flint's recommendations was to get some diffusion behind the seats. I started this little project a while ago, however the nailer died the first day and then I had business travel and a very important GTG.

So here are some pic's from the build. Nothing real scientific, other than the spacing between the vertical slats. It is symmetrical. We tried it without absorption and with absorption. The performance was better with the built in absorption. 2" OC703 with a 1.5" airgap. The dimensions are 4' x 6'. All as it need now is some fabric and paint. It did change the sound in the room. I am pretty sure for the better, put this stuff is so subjective. Still trying to achieve improved audio!!!

d1.JPG D2.JPG D3.JPG D4.JPG D5.JPG

Last edited:

So last weekend we decided to finally finish the diffuser. We filled all the nail holes and reinforced the top board that was under stress when hanging on the wall. We got a good coat of primer on. Then it snowed and couldn’t get out to buy the paint. I have a little out patient thing going on Friday, however I hope to finish this up this weekend. It’s about time.

I will post some pics over the weekend.

Best of luck with the sex change (I had no idea they could do that on an outpatient basis) and good luck with finishing up the diffusors.

Seriously though, best of luck with the "outpatient thing" whatever it is. Wishing you happiness, health, and audio nirvana for the rest of your days.

The outpatient thing involves some tubes with camera's and 2 orifices.

Halfway through the prep, haven't eaten anything in 24 hours......................f'n starving.

So 20 days later and we are almost there.

Painting this thing was NOT FUN!!

Now the speaker cloth for the absorption and the OC703. Should finish this upcoming weekend.

Back