• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones - SPOILER THREAD

mzpro5

Famous
I thought it may be fun to have a GoT thread where those of us that are caught up with the show can discuss without spoiling it for others.

Great battle scene on the loot train.
Jon Snow is Targaryan and Danny is actually his aunt. GoT seems to have an affinity for incest.

There are only 2 episodes left for this cycle and then 8 more next year. Can't see how they will tie up all the threads going on.

I could go on but time is short right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumor is that some episodes next year could push 80 minutes....idk if that will materialize but I do think they have a captive enough audience to pull it off. IMO the show is THAT good. That may be one way to tie up a bunch of story lines. But if they'll be that long, why not just do 10 episodes.

Also I have seen every season, but noticed I've been drawing blanks on some things this year. So started rewatching from the very first episode of season 1 starting this past Sunday. So far I'm almost half way through season 4. A lot of things I completely forgot about are making some of this season become more clear. While I like that the presence of the White Walkers are causing more alliances to form than there would be otherwise, I'm a little disappointed that GoT is yet another show with some sort of zombie element.

Last edited:
^ A month or so before the current season I went back and watched the whole series again so I am not drawing too many blanks. I would have no problem watching 80-90 minute episodes.

One thing that I feel is hard to figure out is just exactly how much time has passed since the first episodes with Ned Stark and the current shows. Years but how many?

There are 3 episodes left for this season, episode 6 of 8 airs next Sunday. I'm curious if Dany and Jon will find out they are related this season, but you know that's coming at some point. Don't know if this was just a mistake on his part, or a true slip up, but the guy who played Hodor was at some kind of convention within the last couple of weeks and made a comment about Cersai going mad like her father. That would be a Star Wars/jumping the shark type of plot twist, for sure.

Anybody seen Haunted Honeymoon with Gilda Radner and Gene Wilder? It was playing on Comet tv while I was eating lunch yesterday and watched a few minutes of it. This movie came out in 1986, well over 30 years ago, and there was an Uncle Francis character in the movie, who was fairly old. But I knew I knew him, although I figured he was somebody from the movies in the 50's, until it dawned on me who it was. It was the guy who played Maester Aemon(Targaryan) and who died last year in his mid 90's. Not that this has much to do with GOT's, but I was surprised how old he looked then, and was still acting 30 years later.

Oh, and if you can believe Tyrion Lannister's facebook page, at least two of the last three episodes are extended for time. Although I don't remember the exact times.

^^ Cersei's father wasn't the "Mad King" it was Daenerys'. I think Cersei is already a mad twisted bitch. And Daenarys has shown that she is becoming more and more relentless. Regardless, I wouldn't classify that as "jumping the shark" in anyway as it wouldn't necessarily derail the show, if that type of storyline is written in properly.

I understand that Tywin Lannister wasn't mad, but I believe the implication could be that some how Dany's father is Cersai's father and that they are sisters. It could be just a misspeak on his part, or he could have let a plot twist slip. Not saying it's true or not, but he did say when Cersai goes mad like her father, and the only insane king was a Targaryan. If it's true, and I understand that's a big if, that I would consider a jumping the shark moment. Again, I don't see how they could make that work, probably just a mistake on his part.

And I was wrong, I thought there were 8 episodes this season.

I don't remember where I read this, but Bronn and Cersai were an item in real life before the show, and it ended so badly that they both have it in their contracts that they can't be in a scene together, or even on the same set at the same time.

^ ah....now I got it. I wasn't interpreting your post that way at all. Yeah that's a plot line that could derail things. I haven't seen any indication of it going that direction and I hope it does not.

I'm also hoping that Dany doesn't end up going insane. At some point, things need to become less grim.

We watched it last night, but I slept pretty poorly all weekend, and was struggling to stay awake at the end. Will watch again tonight.

Season 8 E6.....did not see that coming!
What part, the dragon turning or Jon willing to bend the knee? I had seen a picture of a blue eyed dragon, so I figured at some point one got turned to white walker side, but that was pretty awesome the way they did it.

I know this is a show where you suspend your beliefs about the world, but I would have expected a little better than a lake that has been frozen for a long time, immediately cracking when group starts walking on it. Then after the white walkers fall through and the group waits, it only takes a day to refreeze strong enough for all of them to run across?

I almost get the feeling that we are being set up on a master, or is that maester, mind fuck with them. They haven't come out and said it on the show, but they've touched on it, and the belief is that Dany's brother is Jon's father and Ned Starks sister is his mother. But before that, she was engaged or married to Robert Baretheon. Now think about that and who does Jon Snow look like the most? They seem to be heading down a path of Dany and Jon hooking up, which if Robert is his father, would mean that it wouldn't be incest. Not that GOT has a problem with that, but it doesn't seem to be accepted by the people, so I just can't see either of them being a ruler if they are involved with each other, and he is a Targaryan. Time will tell.

^ the dragon.

It appears that Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen (Daenarys' deceased older brother) and Lyanna Stark

^ the dragon.

It appears that Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen (Daenarys' deceased older brother) and Lyanna Stark
That's what the rumor, as well as certain hints in the series is leading us to believe. But she was engaged or married to Robert Baretheon before she hooked up with Rhaegar, and what if they had had sex? Could she have already been pregnant when she and Rhaegar hooked up? With the way they are setting up a romance between the Jon and Dany, I just can't believe that she would be his aunt. But then again, this is GOT, so anything is possible.

Edit: I think Gilly said that the maester annulled the marriage and then married the girl to another in a secret ceremony, so I'm thinking Robert and Lyanna were married and probably had sex.

Edit: I think Gilly said that the maester annulled the marriage and then married the girl to another in a secret ceremony, so I'm thinking Robert and Lyanna were married and probably had sex.

The annulled marriage was Rhaegar's.

The annulled marriage was Rhaegar's.
I knew there was an annulled marriage, just wasn't sure whose.

One other point from the episode, why didn't the uncle get on the horse with Jon and where has he been all of these years?

^ his uncle has been north of the wall since early on in the series as a ranger. He popped up out of the blue like that once before. I thought he could've gotten on the horse too, but he said "there's no time" or similar so maybe he thought if he got on they both would die.

In the books, there was a character north of the wall who was an undead ranger who still fought on the side of the living. It was never confirmed, but it was strongly implied that it was Jon's uncle.

From several things that Jon's uncle has said iver the course of the show I have the impression that he was an "undead" ranger.

Also will the undead dragon breath fire or some type of ice wave?

Now that you guys mention that, he did appear to have white/grayish skin.

Back