• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Your New OLED TV has Shipped

I'll have to check between my xbox one, which is set to only output 1080p and see if I see a difference. It could come down to scalers, the Sony may have a better scaler than the Vizio. Good score on John Wick!

Me too. I’m jealous of people that have the feeedom to manage their seating distances to keep screen sizes reasonable.

I have ZERO regrets about my Sony X940C vs OLED. The OLED sets do not look enough better than a high-end LED with Full Array Local Dimming to compensate for the visual impact differential between 65" and 75".

I mentioned in another thread that I have ordered a new TV thru Amazon but they were on back order.

Was really excited when I checked my email this morning and saw this title and figured I would have my new display in a week or so. Opened the email and checked the details and the LG 65" OLED has shipped BUT expected delivery date is JANUARY 4-5! WTF

I guess they sent out the email the day the ship left Korea with a load of TV's on it.

A bit disappointed I was hoping to have it setup and running before Christmas
God!! I am like incredible Hulk green with envy!!! Almost daily i pass by the mall here and i always go and watch the oled tv displays and just drool over them as i could never afford buying one unless i mortgage my house. Man like they say you suck big time!

I have ZERO regrets about my Sony X940C vs OLED. The OLED sets do not look enough better than a high-end LED with Full Array Local Dimming to compensate for the visual impact differential between 65" and 75".

My comments isn’t about display technology. It’s about screen size and seating distance.

I have ben watching different things and so far the best thing I have seen on the new TV is the BD copy of The Two Towers. Granted I have only had the opportunity to view 2 different 4k discs but this BD is #1 so far.

Also popped in a DVD of an old B&W movie "Gunga Din" from 1939. Did it look like a 4k movie - no way but as good as I would expect a 78 yo movie could look without alot of fine tunig from a video engineer.

A quick question.

after a couple weeks with the new TV and having tweaked the setting sfor a couple weeks I have them just where I aant them but will need to unplug the set today.

I forget do settings get set back to default if you unplug a TV? If so I need to write down the settings.

Don't know it for an absolute fact, but I'm guessing the tv will retain the settings once you unplug it. Be a pain in the butt if you had to redo the settings every time you'd lose power.

I’d say take a picture with your phone or tablet of the settings before you unplug it just to be safe.

Thanks Huey,didn't think of that. I am going to do a simple spread sheet for the 3-4 setting categories I use (different categories for 4k material and non 4k material0 just in case someone (like my nephew) starts to messes with them when I am not paying attention.

My best friend that passed several months ago had the really bad habit of "examining" a new device (TV, computer. tablet, phone) and screwing with the settings. that is the one thing I don't miss about him not being around anymore.

At least on mine, there is a way to lock the settings, you might want to look and see if your tv has that feature.

Back