• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What TV shows are you watching now?

I’m convinced there’s no point in watching any more than the last five minutes of an NCAA basketball game - whatever happens before that has little influence on the outcome.

Quick recap:
In the second half, Louisville had a six point lead at one point and Purdue had a seven point lead six minutes later. With five minutes left to play Louisville led 50-47. Purdue won 66-57.

I was incredibly bummed to discover that Marco Polo was cancelled. I missed the announcement back in January. It was such a great show.

Oh really? I didn't know that, dang I liked Marco Polo a lot, too.

I stumbled on the pilot for a modern remake of The Tick on Amazon. Loved it!
Apparently Amazon has ordered a full season.

Just watched episodes one through six. The producers decided not to release episodes seven through twelve until later (to build anticipation and generate buzz, apparently).

Since the pilot the budget has improved or they hired people that know how to spend it better.

Great show!

Just watched episodes one through six. The producers decided not to release episodes seven through twelve until later (to build anticipation and generate buzz, apparently).

Since the pilot the budget has improved or they hired people that know how to spend it better.

Great show!

The Tick was apparently caught up in issues related to the direction and creative ownership of the show where the head of Amazon Studios and the producers/director were struggling to work together. I think it shows in the quality of the show. I feel bad for the writers and actors and crew, the concept for the Tick and this take on it is genius and could be amazing. But it is suffering, in my opinion, from mixed messaged and lack of clarity.

The Tick was apparently caught up in issues related to the direction and creative ownership of the show where the head of Amazon Studios and the producers/director were struggling to work together. I think it shows in the quality of the show. I feel bad for the writers and actors and crew, the concept for the Tick and this take on it is genius and could be amazing. But it is suffering, in my opinion, from mixed messaged and lack of clarity.

Has the second half been cancelled?

I can’t argue about the the lack of clarity because plot direction shifted a few times so far but I still found a lot to enjoy. The performances by some of the main character actors have been really good, especially if there’s turmoil on the set and/or writing room.

I love the concept of The Tick, and the great broadcast version with Patrick Warburton was genius. It saddens me that Amazon kinda fucked this up.

Very late to the game: Gen and I will watch the final episode of Series 3 of Wallander this evening. We'll likely get to Series 4 next week. I've still not adapted to Swedish characters with British accents! Regardless, it has been thoroughly enjoyable so far.

Very late to the game: Gen and I will watch the final episode of Series 3 of Wallander this evening. We'll likely get to Series 4 next week. I've still not adapted to Swedish characters with British accents! Regardless, it has been thoroughly enjoyable so far.

You should watch the original Swedish versions of the Wallander series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander_(Swedish_TV_series)

Much better than the Branaugh versions, and no worry about English accents. Swedish with subtitles.

I was able to watch via Netflix and Amazon a few years ago, don't know if they are still available.

I’m about six episodes into Netflix’s The Punisher. I’m not blown away and unless it gets a lot better in the next two or three episodes I’ll probably bail out.

I’m about six episodes into Netflix’s The Punisher. I’m not blown away and unless it gets a lot better in the next two or three episodes I’ll probably bail out.

I liked the first 1-2 episodes and it started dragging. I am stuck on episode 7, haven't watche dit in almost 2 weeks.

Re-watching the whole series of two of my favorite shows, in order to better appreciate new episodes that recently came out: Longmire, and The Ranch.

Back