• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Wardsweb Systems Update

Barney said:
I sure need to stop by & drop off my Marantz amp to get you to look/listen to it. Then I would have a reason to come back by again, sounds like a winner to me. :handgestures-thumbup:

Are you having issues with your receiver? At the moment, I have a Marantz, Emotiva and Jolida here for repair.

The Marantz 5 channel amp (MM9000) was a factory refurbed I bought from accessories 4less along time ago. It had a ding in the rear at the center channel output. Used the heck out of it forever without a problem. Right before we sold our house the amp would sometimes distort/red light flicker for the center channel. I didn't get to check if it was a cable, pre-pro, etc due to boxing everything up for storage.
Now I have a new refurbed SR5009 that works great & I'm using the same center channel speaker without any issue. The SR5009 does have pre-outs for all channels.

It has been almost a year since my last picture update. Here is how it looks today.

main2ch.jpg

Top shelf - Maplenoll clone turntable, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Clearaudio Champion II turntable

2nd shelf - Samsung 2T hard drive, Auralic Aires Mini DAC/music server, Sonic Euphoria passive preamp, Lounge Audio phono preamp

3rd shelf - PS Audio Quintessence power center

Far right - Tascam BR-20 reel to reel

On the floor - Antique Sound Labs AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono blocks
Speakers are DIY using Altec and JBL parts

Any chance you can post more pics of those DIY speakers?

Jeff

^ You have incredible talents, WW...I noticed the wood grain turntable on the top left component shelf. Did you make that as well?

^ You have incredible talents, WW...I noticed the wood grain turntable on the top left component shelf. Did you make that as well?
Thank you Babs. Yes, I did make the turntable. Well actually, I took a Roksan Radius 5 turntable and replaced the factory birch veneered MDF plinth with one I made from 1" solid bubinga. It is the same wood as the horns you see in the picture.
Roksan05.jpg Roksan21.jpg Roksan18.jpg Roksan_Radius5.jpg

wha?

how'd?

man, this room is awesome dude.

you should call it the awesomeroom. or shock and awe room.

bloody hell i think my balls fell on the ground.

Back