• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

We stayed in last evening and hung out on the sectional...Danny chose to watch an Aaron Hernandez special, so I put my earbuds in to watch two movies on my iPad...

regarding-henry-movie-poster-1991.jpg

^ What a great story about what really & truly matters in life.

51fjLR2wlaL._SX466_.jpg

^ Poland June 1941, as German troops take over the Eastern side of the city of Przemysl from the Russians. To save their belongings from the Nazis, the Jewish family Diamant transfers them to their 17-year-old Catholic maid Fusia. In return Fusia provides them with food until the ghetto is dissolved, and then hides 13 people in her loft for over two years. However, as the front approaches and two German nurses take quarter in Fusias apartment everything seems to be in vain.

^^Regarding Henry is a pretty good movie, and it was a very young John Leguizamo who shot him in the store.

It was new on Amazon Prime, so I thought I'd give it a try knowing that it wasn't well received... yeah, all the complaints I read were all true. Which is a bummer, because I was hoping for more..
51AC0yPrw4L._SX342_.jpg

I should say, I am glad that I saw it, but once is enough for sure.

Watched The Magnificent Seven (Denzel version) last night and shortly into it I realized I had already seen it. It was good the second time around too.

Wife has been dying to see the new Jumanji movie, so I stopped and rented it last night from Redbox. While it wasn't a horrible movie, I don't see how it stayed at the top of the box office for so long, but it lacked the charm of the first one. And the trailers that played were for all kids movies, and I wouldn't really consider this a kids movie. Jack Black did a great job though, and imho, he was the only one that really acted like he was a high schooler stuck in a grownups body.

Jack Black did a great job though, and imho, he was the only one that really acted like he was a high schooler stuck in a grownups body.

^ That's because he is????

Jack Black did a great job though, and imho, he was the only one that really acted like he was a high schooler stuck in a grownups body.

^ That's because he is????
Maybe, but Kevin and the Rock both pretty much acted like they did in every movie they have done, but I do think Jack did a pretty good job at acting like he was posessed by a teenager.

Finally got around to watching Zero Dark Thirty yesterday, and it was a pretty good movie. Not saying I want to watch it a second time, but I did struggle to follow along as they were bouncing around so much, that maybe a second viewing would be warranted. Also had problems understanding the detainees at the first part of the movie that almost turned on closed captioning. I also thought that there was some Pakistan doctor who had helped them identify Osama, and who I believe is still sitting in jail to this day for it, but it was never mentioned in the movie.

Also picked up The Final Cut version of Blade Runner in the cheap bluray bin at Walmart. I'm not sure if this is the version that everybody says is the best, but I enjoyed it. And while the movie did seem a little dated with the synth soundtrack, it looked great for being an almost 30 year old movie.

Watched Logan last night. Really enjoyed it and it set up well for future Logan(ish) sequels.

My choices were: Logan, Baby Driver, and Blade Runner 2049. The other 2 are still on my list.

Back