• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

C1's + 13

I will finish them this Spring when I can work out in the garage. No more major MDF work in the basement!!!

I will post pic's once they are finished, figure sometime around May ish..............

They will be black......

Last edited:
I will finish them this Spring when I can work out in the garage. No more major MDF work in the basement!!!

I will post pic's once they are finished, figure sometime around May ish..............

The will be black......
Great work.

Just a quick update.......................

I spent over 2 hours in the HT listening to Stereo Music last night. A Variety of tunes.

I recently watch a podcast from Dynaudio about speaker placement and they had some recommended demo tracks. One was Norah Jones; Little Room. They said that her voice should be perfectly centered however way in front of the sound-stage. WOW! it was spot on and incredible!

I was flipping though my collection on my Squeeze Box and saw Phil Collins............ I used to love cranking his music. Hello I Must Be Going; Don't Let Him Steal Your Heart Away. My God did this sound great and better than I had ever heard. I listened to this song multiple times. With my speakers set to Large and Small. These new Woofers are amazing. I then went back and listened to the complete album.

Seal's - Dreaming In Metaphors is just breathtaking. The sound-stage and imaging is fantastic.

Bruce Hornsby's cover of Elton Johns, Madman Across the Water, just slams it is so dynamic.

Rush - Red Barchetta and Freewill were also fantastic. I am hearing things that I have never heard before..........in a good way.

Annie Lennox - Bare; First 2 tracks also just amazing.

These woofers have totally solved my fear of bottoming out the C1's and have taken a huge load off of them. I believe that this has really added to the improved sound.

Just about AUDIO BLISS..................................

What are you doing next to improve your system so you can dispense with this 'just about' nonsense?

I am still in the brainstorming stage.............

Hey, did you ever breakdown and get a Halo A21 to drive your Dyn's?

Haywood, The excuse you need is good Cheese (http://www.bierischeese.com/) Schwai's Bratt's , Kewaskum Summer Sausage.

My Brother Roger might also let us do some horse riding on the 40 acre.

I am deathly allergic to horses. If I spend more than a few minutes around them, my entire face starts to swell up, my eyes water and my throat gets tight. This was very inconvenient when my family had a horse farm.

The finishing has begun!!

Filled voids with vinyl Spackle and about 5 coats of shellac.

sub7.jpg

Decided to mask off the bottom and sides so that I could roll on the black paint for the bottom and back.

sub6.jpg

Bottom and back complete.

sub5.jpg

I wanted to spray them in the garage, however the humidity was so high I made a make shift spray booth in the basement.

sub4.jpg

Last edited:
That is great work!!!

Thanks again for all your help on this project Flint!

Viewing the cabinets from about 2' away, they look fantastic!

Get on top of them with a flashlight and you can see some of the flaws, however this was a first time with MDF and a finish like this, so I am

Back