• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

That upgrade itch

I have a Parasound A21 for the C2s. The C1s are driven by an Outlaw 7500 so it has two unused channels. The Outlaw 7125 would drive the three pairs of Contours with a channel to spare. The 7500 is at the front of the room and it’d be tough to get it powering anything else.

After all the gear I just bought for my family room and the new rear speakers I bought for my main system, I won't be able to even think about an upgrade for quite awhile.

Well, I've been given the green light in the next couple of weeks to upgrade my front speakers. This will be a father's day and birthday gift since it isn't a small amount ( all relative I'm sure).
What fronts are you looking to get?

Well the trigger has been pulled. Ordered a pair of Revel Performa3 F206 speakers in walnut. I am very excited about them. I realize I'm not touching some levels of speakers you guys have but at the price performance I am excited to replace my existing speakers.

Well the trigger has been pulled. Ordered a pair of Revel Performa3 F206 speakers in walnut. I am very excited about them. I realize I'm not touching some levels of speakers you guys have but at the price performance I am excited to replace my existing speakers.
I just recently scratched my upgrade itch buying this TV.

I decided to go with the TV below. It was the size and price I wanted. According to this website https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/5-series-2018-s517it has a decent picture. I thought about the TCL 6 series but decided to go with this one. I bought a 4 year protection plan with it.

Arriving Tuesday

TCL 55S517 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc.
$499.99

FEATURES
  • Dolby Vision HDR
  • HDR Dynamic Contrast
  • Wide Color Gamut with TCL’s NBP Photon Technology
  • Roku TV Smart Platform with thousands of streaming channels
  • Enhanced Remote with Voice Control
  • High-speed 802.11ac wireless and Ethernet networking
  • (3) HDMI 2.0a ports with HDCP 2.2

I just recently scratched my upgrade itch buying this TV.

I decided to go with the TV below. It was the size and price I wanted. According to this website https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/5-series-2018-s517it has a decent picture. I thought about the TCL 6 series but decided to go with this one. I bought a 4 year protection plan with it.

Arriving Tuesday

TCL 55S517 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc.
$499.99

FEATURES
  • Dolby Vision HDR
  • HDR Dynamic Contrast
  • Wide Color Gamut with TCL’s NBP Photon Technology
  • Roku TV Smart Platform with thousands of streaming channels
  • Enhanced Remote with Voice Control
  • High-speed 802.11ac wireless and Ethernet networking
  • (3) HDMI 2.0a ports with HDCP 2.2
How is the TCL TV? I'm not familiar. Is this the same way as Vizio where they are now a bigger name?

I have that set too. As long as you’re on or close to on-axis it’s a crazy good set for the money.

How is the TCL TV? I'm not familiar. Is this the same way as Vizio where they are now a bigger name?
I think I read that they used to do TVs for Samsung but I may be wrong. From what I researched and from what Towen7 says I hope I'll like it.

Still waiting on the speakers. The freight company seems to be the pain in the deal. Grrr

Side note. Don't use ESTES. It wasn't my choice but man do they have issues that I'm hoping in the future Harman stops using

Estes?

001403_main_red_launch_equipment.jpg

Back