• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Samsung qled

Bote

Hi guys. I have been eyeing a samsung 65 inch qled q6 model for sometime now. Any one has anything about this tv? Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I closed my eyes and just bought it yesterday. Stayed up all night till now tinkering with it. Finally got the settings i like. Can say i will be enjoying this tv a lot. Black is very decent and boy the whites are immaculate! Im ready for the ht upstairs if only it is finished!

Thanks. But somehow there aresome blu rays thay are too saturated whether i turn on or off the hdr . It is unwatchable. But i still have not tried theuser settings on it. Maybe it will do betterif o did.

congratulations! try to see if you can download some material to calibrate your tv settings.

maybe find a dvd version. :p

kidding aside, we'd love to take a peek into your home theater when you have the chance.

congrats again!

Eat bulaga must be awesome in HD.

I tinkered with the settings for this tv as shown in the net. Set everything to the letter. Somehow when done it looked too dim and !uch less colorful than out of the box. I did not like it and so i chamged back to the default. How about you guys. Do you calibrate your displays?

I tinkered with the settings for this tv as shown in the net. Set everything to the letter. Somehow when done it looked too dim and !uch less colorful than out of the box. I did not like it and so i chamged back to the default. How about you guys. Do you calibrate your displays?
If you go by the settings in the link I provided above those are for a dark room. If it was me I would just leave settings like contrast, brightness, color, and tint at there default settings. I would turn off anything like dynamic contrast and noise reduction. I would use movie for picture and set the backlight as high or low as I wanted depending on the room the TV is in. Or you can buy a disc like spears and munsel on Amazon and calibrate the picture that way.

If you go by the settings in the link I provided above those are for a dark room. If it was me I would just leave settings like contrast, brightness, color, and tint at there default settings. I would turn off anything like dynamic contrast and noise reduction. I would use movie for picture and set the backlight as high or low as I wanted depending on the room the TV is in. Or you can buy a disc like spears and munsel on Amazon and calibrate the picture that way.
Yes that us exactly what i followed and found it to be too dim. Thanks xgm3

I think i am beginning to regret buying this tv. I get too disyracted by always changing the setting almost everytime i change the movie i am watching as one setting seems not ok for all, at least to me. And also my eyes are beginning to hurt coz of the setting i like most which is vivid hdr. Sigh...

If you calibrate it accurately, you'll see what the movie director intended for you to see. If you want the image to always look certain way, then you'll have to adjust the settings for each movie. Some movie s are meant to look dim and/or grainy and others are meant to be dark and bleak and others are bright and clear. The better the TV the more you can notice those differences.

I recommend you try to calibrate to perfection and watch lots of stuff for a month without touching the settings. Just give it a shot.

Thanks Flint. Any suggestion what to use for calibration? The one given by xgm3 is too dim for me. If i am gonna use that id jjust stick to my old lg tv coz it looks like that.

Thanks Flint. Any suggestion what to use for calibration? The one given by xgm3 is too dim for me. If i am gonna use that id jjust stick to my old lg tv coz it looks like that.
I have a disney WOW disc or a spears and munsil disc that you can use for calibration. I could mail them to you or you can do like Flint said and get the TV calibrated by a professional.

I seem to recall Disney having a fairly decent calibration tool on their bluray discs.

Hi xgm3. I dont think we have a service like that over here. Would you really mail one to me? I live in Manila. I would appreciate it if you would but i understand if you could not since i live far. Thank you very much!

I thought so xgm3. Thanks anyway. Ill try to look for those disc but im not optimistic as blurays are not sold much here.let alone calibration discs. Amazon is my best bet but im afraid to use my cc on line.

Back