• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Iron Fist Netflix is released

hawk52

Saw season 1 is out. Watched 1st 3 of 13 episodes. Looks good. Not overwhelmed with the acting but it's Marvel and the story takes you some place you can't get to in your life as we all know it. At least for most of us.

I've watched the first two episodes. A bit slow in developing the story and I agree the acting is not the best but I will watch a few more to see if it improves.

I think Netflix set the bar pretty high with Daredevil and I have a tendency to compare other Marvel/Netflix offerings with that.

For reasons unknown I'm having trouble getting motivated to check this out. Apparently feedback has not been that great - at least nowhere near Daredevil, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage. But since I plan to catch The Defenders when it airs later this year, and since there might be some crossover / tie-in material, I'll probably get to it in May when I'm recovering from planned surgery.

The first episode or two were annoying, but I powered through and have seen the first 5 episodes. It has gotten better, but sometimes the one-dimensional stupidness of the characters gets annoying again. I'm sure I'll be able to get through the first season...but then I found out that season 2 is probably sometime in 2019...WTF?!?!

The first episode or two were annoying, but I powered through and have seen the first 5 episodes. It has gotten better, but sometimes the one-dimensional stupidness of the characters gets annoying again. I'm sure I'll be able to get through the first season...but then I found out that season 2 is probably sometime in 2019...WTF?!?!
I'm finding the wait for Season Two of Jessica Jones to be just as irritating!

I finished the first season, and I'm pretty mixed on it too. Occasionally the story is interesting, but mostly it seems like an obvious rehash of a thousand other similar comic book plots with nothing original.

Reviving an old thread because I'm not sure where else to put this...

Just finished Iron Fist season 2. Gotta say, this was MUCH MUCH better than season 1. Danny is far less annoying. Even Ward ends up a pretty decent character. Good plot/story, decent acting, not quite as heavy into the martial arts aspect though of course there is still a good bit of that. Anyway, if you're on the fence about watching this, I say give it a chance.

I managed to get through the first season but it was hard. The second season seems incredibly boring to me and I lost interest after about 4 episodes. It is like they stand around and talk without really saying anything we don't already know, often repeating themselves from other similar conversations they had in previous scenes and episodes. Then out of the blue a super intense fight scene without much explanation bursts up and our hero damn near dies in every fight. Given how darn close to dying he gets, his confidence makes very little sense - though I get what they are trying to suggest about his ego being so big and often getting in his way. Then, they stand around talking about nothing again. Everyone is hiding something from everyone else and the unknown agendas are to prevalent I cannot understand how any of these people ever managed to make a single friend of exist in the real world.

It is just too much for me.

The Flash went the same way after the first season, or so. I hope Daredevil doesn't do the same.

Back