• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

YG Acoustics Invincible Subwoofer with facing 21" Woofers & 6,000 Watts

TitaniumTroy

https://www.yg-acoustics.com/product/invincible

While I am a big YG Acoustics fan, I am not sure what qualifies this as a Hyper-High End Subwoofer. Other than most everything being made of aluminum and everything being overbuilt, could not find a price. I am sure they will bring it to AXPONA 2019. However under show conditions, it probably won't reach it's full potential.

"InVincible™ is the world’s first hyper-high-end sub-bass speaker. It was created
to solve a specific problem: owners of the world’s finest flagship speakers often
felt that adding a subwoofer to their system caused more drawbacks than
improvements. YG Acoustics™ addressed the issue by creating a truly extreme
solution, a no-holds-barred assault on everything deemed possible in the
sub-bass realm. inVincible – pure authority, handmade in U.S.A."

I have no idea what these cost, but they follow solid physics principles for great subwoofer performance for a moveable single chassis solution. That said, I am convinced the same budget invested in a well designed infinite baffle subwoofer would be vastly superior in every possible acoustic measurement and experience.

Girl. I found a mentos gum in the subwoofer of the sound bar we have.
Ugh, I feel you. I used to have relatively frequent occurrences of dust caps being pushed in. Fortunately that was the worst of it, and my girls are older now and that hasn't happened in a long time.

Ugh, I feel you. I used to have relatively frequent occurrences of dust caps being pushed in. Fortunately that was the worst of it, and my girls are older now and that hasn't happened in a long time.
Downward firing sub was a decision based on kids. I keep my grills on at all times on the speakers.

Wow, it needs its own dedicated 230V circuit. You know you're dedicated when you decide you want to run some 10 gauge wiring just for the subwoofer.

Wow, it needs its own dedicated 230V circuit. You know you're dedicated when you decide you want to run some 10 gauge wiring just for the subwoofer.

Some of the big amps from ATI used to require a dedicated circuit just for the amp. I cant remember the specs but they were pretty crazy. So, if youre gonna go big you might as well go big.

If memory serves me our favorite primate Lord Hot Monkey King of the Jungle had dedicated circuits run for most of his system.

Paradigm makes a sub too that requires a dedicated 240v/15a circuit to get the most out of it.

paradigmsub201.jpg9a0abd19-e7cb-4a59-bc47-cb041b6e9109Original.jpg

Some of the big amps from ATI used to require a dedicated circuit just for the amp. I cant remember the specs but they were pretty crazy. So, if youre gonna go big you might as well go big.

If memory serves me our favorite primate Lord Hot Monkey King of the Jungle had dedicated circuits run for most of his system.

So does Heeman..................

I can't run the vacuum on the same circuit as my amp or else I'll trip the protection on the amp, but that's more from the vacuum than the amp. And if memory serves me correctly about Hot Monkey, he was running 5 Rotel stereo amps, that he biwired to all of his speakers.

Back