• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Parts express

walls

I spend a lot of time out in my shop, great place to let the dogs run and keep busy. I decided that I wanted to add some better sound to the tv, the Vizio soundbar is good for regular tv but is lacking for movies. My budget was really tight so I started to shop and remembered an article I read years ago about the book shelf speakers from parts express.
They have a hassle free return policy and free shipping so I figured I can't lose! I ended up ordering two pairs of the B652-airs for mains and surrounds, the C452-air for my center and dual SUB-1000's for the bottom end. The whole system delivered to my door was a whopping $300.51, saved $73 and change with a 20% off coupon I found online.
Spent the last few nights listening to music and watching movies on the garage theater and I have to say, these speaker are pretty damn good. Can these speakers compete with my basement theater? Of course not, but that system was almost 16 times more expensive, but I would put the Daytons up against just about any sub 1k speaker set and expect them to compete or even outperform.

The B625-airs definitely need the added sub for music, I'm no bass head when listening to music but when used alone they definitely lack bass.
The real bargain here imo is the SUB-1000, for $119 delivered I think it is really hard to beat.
Anyways been a long time since I've popped up here so I figured I would drop in and say hi.

Attachments

• IMG_1531.JPG
    IMG_1531.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Paul! Been a really long three years but finally feeling like myself again.

I’ve been spending a lot of time watching movies and listening to music on the ghetto rig and I have to say it just doesn’t fail to surprise me every time.
The tonal match between the five channels is spot on and the speakers hold up surprisingly well even at earache sound levels.
Also I switched up the subs and have one running through the speaker in and outs and the other on the sub out from the receiver. This setup seems to be the best way to run this pair of subs, I originally did it because my receiver does t ad the LFE to just two channels and I needed the sub for music. I dialed that sub in to match seem less with the mains just loud enough to use with music while the other sub has the crossover set at 60 and the volume pumped a bit for effects. It’s proven to work well like this, if I ever upgrade the receiver to one with proper bass management I will change it but for now this works.

Back