• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Star Trek: Discovery delayed again

Cool! Episode 8 of Season 2 brought back old footage from the original Star Trek and incorporated them into the current episode!!!! How cool is that!!!

This show isn't perfect, but I am overlooking some aspects of the show, just like I have with all the iterations of Star Trek. But, it is getting into familiar Star Trek plot lines I love about the previous three Enterprise centric versions of the show. I hope to see more of this.

pretty cool!

Oh!!! And the actor playing the "younger" Spock nailed the eyebrow twitch perfectly.... it is uncanny!

Impressive.

Cool! Episode 8 of Season 2 brought back old footage from the original Star Trek and incorporated them into the current episode!!!! How cool is that!!!

This show isn't perfect, but I am overlooking some aspects of the show, just like I have with all the iterations of Star Trek. But, it is getting into familiar Star Trek plot lines I love about the previous three Enterprise centric versions of the show. I hope to see more of this.

pretty cool!

I just caught up on episodes 8 and 9. I was initially confused by the timeline of episode 8, as I thought Discovery was before The Original Series (TOS), yet they were showing footage (albeit the unaired pilot) from TOS. From what I've read, the TOS pilot took place a few years before TOS (in that universe's timeline), which I guess is how Discovery is intertwining it? But I thought Discovery was supposed to be ~10 years before TOS?

Anyways, I did enjoy episodes 8 and 9 more, and I'm liking that we're getting to learn more about the other characters. I was also glad we were starting to learn more about Airiam's backstory, except... :rolleyes:

I just caught up on episodes 8 and 9. I was initially confused by the timeline of episode 8, as I thought Discovery was before The Original Series (TOS), yet they were showing footage (albeit the unaired pilot) from TOS. From what I've read, the TOS pilot took place a few years before TOS (in that universe's timeline), which I guess is how Discovery is intertwining it? But I thought Discovery was supposed to be ~10 years before TOS?

Anyways, I did enjoy episodes 8 and 9 more, and I'm liking that we're getting to learn more about the other characters. I was also glad we were starting to learn more about Airiam's backstory, except... :rolleyes:

Discovery is before Capt. Kirk took over the Enterprise.

So, the audio at the end of Season 2 Episode 8, after the "coming next week", during the credits is simply the sound of the surf and little breeze.

In my listening room with my stereo speakers, that sound effect was as perfectly 3D with me directly in the middle of the sound, as you can get. STUNNING!

Back