• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Incredible Covers...

Just an FYI Hall was only 17 when they recorded that so you are correct he was very young. His playing on this song while aggressive is actually pretty spot on to what Bill Ward does on the original. I have had the pleasure of sitting behind Hall and watch him play and he plays the song exactly the same every time while Ward never does.
To say the rest of the band had less talent based on this song is kind of ridiculous as they are playing the song pretty much note for note, I’m not saying they are more talented but I think to make that statement one would have to listen to their originals instead of a cover.

I wasnt intending to be that negative, I was just commenting on what I heard in that song. Even when playing all the right notes at the the right time one can notice if one has groove, style, passion, and soul - It isnt hard to judge the player. This is why music competitions often have all the players play the same piece, they can all be technically correct yet still judge one over another.

I wasnt intending to be that negative, I was just commenting on what I heard in that song. Even when playing all the right notes at the the right time one can notice if one has groove, style, passion, and soul - It isnt hard to judge the player. This is why music competitions often have all the players play the same piece, they can all be technically correct yet still judge one over another.
yes but to get style, passion and all that you would still have to see the musician live. Lots of things happen in a studio that can either build music up to be bigger then what it actually is or kill a song completely with shit mixing etc.
I consider myself a good musician, if you saw me play I feel like you would have the same opinion of me that you had of what Hall did here, because it's not the style of drumming you prefer. But at the same time I also played in jazz for four years in H. S. And filled in for friends in wedding bands and such so I can still play with finess when I need to.
Here is a vid of my favorite drummer, take a look because from one drummer to another I would like to hear your opinion of what he can do. Especially since we play two totally different styles.

Ranking Roger passed away last week from cancer at the age of 56.
It's Pete Townsend, how can you not like it!? I love the way he plucks the strings to show the tuning. Different from the English Beat's original version which I love.

Ranking Roger passed away last week from cancer at the age of 56.
It's Pete Townsend, how can you not like it!? I love the way he plucks the strings to show the tuning. Different from the English Beat's original version which I love.

This is from Pete Towshendd Deep End Live...........may all time favorite VHS Concert!! Whoop!!

Remember the 1980s when we would all be asking around about who had HBO so we could go to their house to watch concerts? I saw Pete Townshend, The Who, ELO, Frank Zappa, and others. HBO only got rights to the live simulcast and about a month's worth of replays, then they lost all access to those concerts.

Man... it reminds me of the time I convinced a friend's mom to allow me to spend Halloween in their house watching Frank Zappa live on MTV even though no one else was home.

Back