• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Borderlands 3!

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
OH YELL YES!!!!

Just found out that there's a new Borderlands coming in September! I am SO in.

https://borderlands.com/grand-features-dbg7zomg/

fob_oak_std_L_1huKy5bR.jpg

Nice, they just released a Borderlands 2 DLC episode that is supposed to connect the plot to Borderlands 3. First new content in 6 years, woo-hoo!

LOL exactly. Looking forward to this one. Especially after the Destiny 2 and Battlefield V flops. I am keeping busy with some Division 2 grinding but even that gets old quick.

i didnt know there were fellow agents here. im glad you got to play it. did it appease to you compared to division 1?

i wanted it not to suck, but after a while it got boring, and quite frankly, with my current gearset, i dont want to go another tier up. apparently, when you go tier 2 onwards, you cant level downwards, just like the division 1, which i thought was more appealing.

Borderlands still good pauly?

been dying to try to play this again, but lost touch after borderlands 2.

but lost touch after borderlands 2.
The "pre-sequel" that came out after BL2 was good, I enjoyed it a lot, but BL2 still reigns supreme in this franchise so far. Especially given the extensive DLC available. I'm replaying the BL2 D&D-style episode now, after having done the BL3 preview, and man this is one of the most hilarious and well-thought-out DLCs ever.

Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls - those are THE BEST game franchises out there IMHO. Followed closely by Witcher and Far Cry. Actually Witcher 3 is up there with any of them, but the previous two while good aren't at the same level.

fallout 3 for me, then fallout new vegas, then fallout 4.

wait, they're not really franchises, but if i was ton consider,

Fallout, Elder scrolls, The division (but it doesnt really count since its an 'mmo/rpg), ghost recon.

i didnt know there were fellow agents here. im glad you got to play it. did it appease to you compared to division 1?

i wanted it not to suck, but after a while it got boring, and quite frankly, with my current gearset, i dont want to go another tier up. apparently, when you go tier 2 onwards, you cant level downwards, just like the division 1, which i thought was more appealing.

I don't love Division 2 because the endgame is stale and I literally throw away 99.9% of my loot/rewards since everything is pretty much redundant. To put things in perspective I was a die hard Destiny 1 grinder who quickly lost interest in Destiny 2 when they took away all the variation and weapon rolls, etc. I got bored and fled to Division 2 because at least there was weapon and armor variations, talents, perks, infusion, re-roll, etc. For me character and game play customization is half of what I like about most games. So agreed Division 2 ain't perfect but it served to hold some interest until Borderlands 3 is released. I may jump back to Destiny 2 since they added some new content recently but again it's all just killing time until B3 hits.

I'm so in for Borderlands 3

I'm actually "re-playing" BL2 right now, just loved this game but now I find myself farming too much.... sometimes better to just playthrough without trying to get the best gear...

Been playing BL3 a lot (not surprisingly) since it came out last week. Although having a broken hand makes it a bit of a challenge! But I'm undeterred. :laughing:

So far it meets all expectations! (I really want to see what kind of DLC they'll come up with but that's months away.) Play style is much like BL2, but holy crap there's a lot of different guns! Many of the main NPC characters from BL2 are still playing big roles. My first play through - haven't finished the main plot line yet - is with the Moze character, a gunner with iron armor. There are three other playable characters; one can hope they might even give us more with the DLC (as BL2 did).

Humor is as good as ever. Latest hysterical moment came with one of the random guys spluttering out as he lay dying, "A noble spirit ... embiggens ... the smallest man." Anyone recognize that? (Without googling like I had to, was very familiar but I couldn't quite place it.)

Another good one: "Those COV boys may be nuttier than an all-male dairy farm, but they sure know how to party!"

Some are a little bizarre, if none the less amusing: "That estate has more entrances than a bordello full of squids... if you don't mind a tight squeeze."

I'm liking it, but I'm not "into" the story that much. Maybe I'm used to BL2 but the stories, and side stories are not that interesting to me. Also, I feel like I should be going against more bosses or something...
I'm only at level 20
Playing regular difficulty.

Dunno, the bosses and even the main plot line were never (to me) the main point of the Borderlands games. But I do think it picks up in both respects when you get a little further... Like the Jakobs/Hammerlock sequence and beyond. There are more MAJOR boss fights later... Troy was hardest for me. At least with my first character (Moze). I'm about halfway through with my second character now - Fl4k.

I'm using FL4k and like his spider ant pet and throwing out bird of prey too. Those help. But I have come across 2 bosses that were WAY too hard. I had to go back to Sanctuary just to get better weapons. I was using 14/16 level weapons against a 17 level boss and there was NO WAY I was going to win that way. Got 18 level weapons and still had a hard time

Was that Killavolt, by any chance? If so there's a lot of complaints on the BL3 forums that he was not well-balanced for levels at which people first encounter him. I agree, I went back to fight him at level ~23 or something and I still died once trying.

I've fought Troy twice now, and each time I had to put it into easy mode to get past him. Haven't had to do that with any of the others that are part of the main plot line.

I've fought Troy twice now, and each time I had to put it into easy mode to get past him. Haven't had to do that with any of the others that are part of the main plot line.
Huh, my third character - Amara the siren - chewed through Troy on my first try in normal mode. Not really sure how that happened...

Latest amusement: there's a side mission (in Lectric City) where you help a dude out who's trapped in a porta potty with a messed up AI. The reward at the end of this mission is a poop bazooka. :rofl: (which is actually a pretty good weapon but a little hard to aim)

Yeah Borderlands humor isn't always too sophisticated.

Back