• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New "gaming" PC, suggestions what game?

The DirtMerchant

Famous
Purchased a new gaming PC (lower end Alienware). What game should we get that's good for my 11 year old? Nothing too dark, no sex, scary is ok, but not a gorefest...

What kind of games does he (she?) like? Skyrim. My time at Portia.

Any of the Lego games - better if you have some sort of controller, I suggest the Steam controller if you don't already have something.

Terraria. Starbound. Stardew Valley.

Ok. Borderlands. Far Cry (I'd start with 4).

Thanks...
OK...its been a long while since I've gotten any games on PC. Been a console player for years.

Can I download a game on one account and have it be playable on another account on the same PC?

And uhh...Far Cry 4 "Blood, Intense Violence, Nudity, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Drugs, Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB"...should I not be worried about those warnings?

Really, for FC4? Huh... well I guess some stuff could be suggestive but I don't remember it being that explicit. And ok it's human-on-human violence, different from something like Skyrim, but If he's done Call of Duty...

Not sure about the multiple account thing, never really tried that. It probably depends on the particular game and its licensing, don't know.

Oh, the last few Tomb Raiders are pretty good too.

Also, my kids have spent endless hours on Sims (4).

Oh - Far Cry Primal is pretty awesome too.

Might try Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. Right now they're running New Light and trying out a free to play model.

Any of the Lego games - better if you have some sort of controller, I suggest the Steam controller if you don't already have something.
Any specific controller in mind? I searched Amazon for one...and got a pretty wide range.
No way I'm spending $100 on a controller...but I don't want a hunkojunk either.

Though I will say, most of the games I like the best, I play with mouse (actually a trackball) + keyboard.

And a Steam controller will work on any PC and for any (most?) games?

My son and I will mostly be using mouse/keyboard, but there are times where I want a "regular" controller.
I purchased Gears of War (the first one) and I like the controller experience much more than mouse/keyboard.

I think it's supposed to be compatible with anything that supports a microsoft/xbox controller. Basically any game on Steam, that can use a controller at all (which isn't all of them), can use the Steam controller. Things outside of Steam, not so sure, you'd have to check on a case-by-case basis.

Back