• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Beth Hart: Live at the Royal Albert Hall

beth-hart-live-at-the-royal-albert-hall-dv.jpg

A thoughtful Christmas gift.

If Martin Barre looked more like this in the 1970s rather than the doughy bald nerd in too tight garments in we all remember, Jethro Tull would have gotten into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame already, and probably been more popular with the hard rock fans.

Getting ready to put in Rush in Rio if I can turn off the pre super bowl stuff.

I really need to go into work but having a hard time motivating.

Enjoying an old, VHS quality recording of Missing Persons playing live at some festival in 1983. These guys were a huge influence on my musical character and it is hilarious to watch one of the most talented and creative bass players of the time playing a synth bass for 90% of the concert! This music was made just prior to synth sequencing becoming ubiquitous, so they got this sound by actually playing their instruments. Oh, and Dale ain't half bad to watch, either.

Enjoying an old, VHS quality recording of Missing Persons playing live at some festival in 1983. These guys were a huge influence on my musical character and it is hilarious to watch one of the most talented and creative bass players of the time playing a synth bass for 90% of the concert! This music was made just prior to synth sequencing becoming ubiquitous, so they got this sound by actually playing their instruments. Oh, and Dale ain't half bad to watch, either.

Was that just because he played with Zappa or his other stuff? LOL

And, you are right, Dale was always easy on the eyes IMO.

Was that just because he played with Zappa or his other stuff? LOL

He did some incredible session work in Jazz-Fusion genre as well played live around southern CA with some of the best sessions guys in the world and was incredible. Most of his solid stuff was mellow "New Age" style music. But, he was a phenomenal talent.

Watching/listening to a youtube mini concert

Wow, thanks for the heads-up on this. I love it! Great versions of her songs, and I especially appreciate the instrumentation - cello and mainly acoustic instruments (except her own Gibson).

Edit: wow I LOVE LOVE LOVE the take on Les Etoiles where they're all just sitting out in a lawn in a semicircle around a single pair of microphones. I've never heard a better accordion solo. :laughing:

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the heads-up on this. I love it! Great versions of her songs, and I especially appreciate the instrumentation - cello and mainly acoustic instruments (except her own Gibson).

Edit: wow I LOVE LOVE LOVE the take on Les Etoiles where they're all just sitting out in a lawn in a semicircle around a single pair of microphones. I've never heard a better accordion solo. :laughing:

I'm glad you found this enjoyable. Melody Gardot is one of favorite female singers. Not just her vocals and influence of jazz but her spirit and will to overcome being run over and having to start from scratch. She doesn't wear sunglasses to be cool. She still has a sensitivity to light, after coming out of the coma. She also walks with a cane.

I'm glad you found this enjoyable. Melody Gardot is one of favorite female singers. Not just her vocals and influence of jazz but her spirit and will to overcome being run over and having to start from scratch. She doesn't wear sunglasses to be cool. She still has a sensitivity to light, after coming out of the coma. She also walks with a cane.
Definitely. I noticed some interesting vids in the 'related to this' section if watch you this on youtube directly, "The Accidental Musician" that talks about some of those things. Some of it I'd known before, but this gave me some new background info on her, fascinating.

Really enjoying this concert of Rick Wakeman performing "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" with a full orchestra and choir!

Brings back fond memories of playing along with this and his other records when I was learning to play drums and I wanted to work on my ability to quickly memorize songs. My goal was to listen to the song once, then play it perfectly the next time through. Given the complex structures of Sir Wakeman's Music (this album and "The Myths and Leggends of King Aurthur and the Knights of the Roundtable", "1984", "Journey to the Center of the Earth," etc.), this was great learning for me. Over time I grew of absolutely adore the music on its own and listen to it often.

Back