• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HBO MAX Release Date Announced

Is this replacing HBO Now or HBO go?

They're getting pretty confusing here- thus far, Go has been what you get if you subscribe to HBO via a traditional provider (like DirecTV or Comcast), Now was standalone. But is this replacing Now? Is it yet another thing? If it's yet another added service they may have an uphill battle with their pricing being up there above Disney+ and in Netflix territory.

Is this replacing HBO Now or HBO go?

They're getting pretty confusing here- thus far, Go has been what you get if you subscribe to HBO via a traditional provider (like DirecTV or Comcast), Now was standalone. But is this replacing Now? Is it yet another thing? If it's yet another added service they may have an uphill battle with their pricing being up there above Disney+ and in Netflix territory.

I just found this article that explains it all

Will HBO Go Become HBO Max? Does HBO Max Replace HBO Now

It's a bit confusing. In essence it seems there will be 3 services

I just found this article that explains it all

Will HBO Go Become HBO Max? Does HBO Max Replace HBO Now

It's a bit confusing. In essence it seems there will be 3 services

Yeah, it looks like HBO Max essentially is HBO Go/Now but adds other stuff in an effort to compete with Netflix and Disney+. They say Charter and AT&T TV customers will get it added for free- I wonder if that includes DirecTV, since that's now owned by AT&T.

All this is making the days of cable/satellite bundles seem like they were easy to understand and sort out.

I'm definitely going to sign up, but I'm holding off to see if there are any promos or if they are going to offer a discounted annual membership. Many services give you a 20-30% discount if you pay upfront for 12 months.

Well I realize it is early on launch day but Roku does not appear to have an HBO Max app so no way to get on Roku.

AT&T is in negotiations with those platforms. I can’t share much but it suffices to say that if Roku and Amazon were charging AT&T the same as every other content provider they’d be there.
Same old story the Big Boys have a pissing match and the customer is the one that loses

Same old story the Big Boys have a pissing match and the customer is the one that loses

Loses?
It’s a streaming TV service that literally didn’t exist yesterday. I fail to see how anyone’s losing anything. I’m waiting to see the optometrist and watching BBT on my phone. I’m bothered that I won’t be able to watch on most of my TVs but I’m sure that’ll get worked out sooner or later. Or maybe it won’t and the service dies a quick fear because of a lack of subscribers.
IMHO a streaming service can’t survive without being available on the two platforms that make up 2/3 of all viewership.

Loses?
It’s a streaming TV service that literally didn’t exist yesterday. I fail to see how anyone’s losing anything. I’m waiting to see the optometrist and watching BBT on my phone. I’m bothered that I won’t be able to watch on most of my TVs but I’m sure that’ll get worked out sooner or later. Or maybe it won’t and the service dies a quick fear because of a lack of subscribers.
IMHO a streaming service can’t survive without being available on the two platforms that make up 2/3 of all viewership.
Please allow me my petty grievances

:nyah:

I have AT&T TV Now. As such, it seemed obvious to me I would have HBO Max grandfathered it (since HBO is owned by AT&T)
I was trying to login to HBO Max via my PS4.
Downloaded the App, "sign in with Satellite or TV Provider"
AT&T TV Now, nowhere to be found. Only AT&T and DirecTV.
I was so confused. Searched the web and stuff was inconclusive.

Anyway...you login using AT&T listed as the provider. I hope they get this all roped together because its a bit confusing.
Pretty soon everything will simply be Amaz&TSoftBook.

Maybe this will clear things up

EZH7g-BWkAEmzY_

It also works on the Android and Android TV platforms.

I have the AT&T TV set top box (which is amazing for the service but not inexpensive) runs on Android and accesses the Google Play store. It’s the one TV in my house that I can use for HBOmax.
I’m really loving it on my phone tho.

Back