• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

The Battered Bastards of Baseball on Netflix. I an interesting true story I knew nothing about.
Batterd_Bastards_of_Baseball%2C_promotional_poster.jpg
I really liked that

just a heads up, there is a kids movie that mzpro would probably like a lot, its called peabody and mr. sherman.

i was surprised by how much fun it was, and very fast paced it was for a kids movie. a lot of historical info (albeit on a shallow kids level), it was worth it.

kept watching it the whole time my kid did.

there is a kids movie that mzpro would probably like a lot, its called peabody and mr. sherman.
Wait do you not know of the venerable "Peabody's Improbable History" cartoon series?

Wait do you not know of the venerable "Peabody's Improbable History" cartoon series?

i was too busy watching he-man, voltes V, diamos and other violent non learning cartoons.

kidding aside pauly, never heard or watched it. ive seen glimpse of it. but never got interested in it based on the pictures.

I think it was only ever part of Rocky & Bullwinkle, not a standalone.

i was too busy watching he-man, voltes V, diamos and other violent non learning cartoons.

kidding aside pauly, never heard or watched it. ive seen glimpse of it. but never got interested in it based on the pictures.
It first came out in 1959 in B&W. I was 9 yo when I first saw it I have all episodes on disc

Having grown up on Mickey Mouse from the 30s-50s I really don't care for this new iteration of Mickey Mouse on Disney+

Having grown up on Mickey Mouse from the 30s-50s I really don't care for this new iteration of Mickey Mouse on Disney+

theyre actually pretty gruesome if you look at it. i dont like having my kids watch it unless its the mickey mouse club.

Just finished The Queens Gambit and we really liked it.

Well worth it and highly recommended.

Yellowstone via the Peacock net work Never a big fan of Kevin Costner, pretty one dimensional actor IMO but not bad.

This is quite funny, though I admit that for me personally the thick Irish accents have a lot to do with it (and I have to turn on CC to catch everything). And I don't know much about the politics of Ireland in the 1990's...

780_0008_5863994_f351eca985e7310b5c3f3ef74287b348.jpg

This is quite funny, though I admit that for me personally the thick Irish accents have a lot to do with it (and I have to turn on CC to catch everything). And I don't know much about the politics of Ireland in the 1990's...

780_0008_5863994_f351eca985e7310b5c3f3ef74287b348.jpg
Watched it a while back and also had to use CC very funny

Just finished The Queen‘s Gambit over the last few nights, really well done and fascinating.

We've been watching "Earth to Ned" on Disney+. It's made by the Muppets folks- the premise is an alien was supposed to destroy earth, but instead took a shine to celebrity culture and he beams people to his ship for a talk show. It takes a few episodes to get going, but about 3-4 episodes in it begins to hit its stride.

If you're looking for something amusing but non-serial, it's worth a watch.

Back