• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Incredible Covers...

^--- it's weird that the same video, in FB vs youtube, is in a totally different key/pitch. I don't understand that.

Last edited:
That IS odd, given they both run the same length (I could see one or the other compressing the timeline a bit to save disk space, but they didn't....)

It may have been years since I last posted a video from Pomplamoose, but they are still active. They don't do the video trickery from their early days, but rather film a live shot of a cadre of very talented musicians, which I really like. Here, they cover... Cheap Trick??

Foxes and Fossils cover Todd Rundgren

Bastige! I now have to retract my "best 2022" comment!

I got to see Todd twice with Utopia (one show was the singularly LOUDEST concert I've ever been to, totally ruined the whole thing), and also saw him solo in Cincinnati, where he was very into video tech but adjusting his own cameras, which kinda killed the whole flow of the show.
I'm still a huge Todd fan, though.

Bastige! I now have to retract my "best 2022" comment!

I got to see Todd twice with Utopia (one show was the singularly LOUDEST concert I've ever been to, totally ruined the whole thing), and also saw him solo in Cincinnati, where he was very into video tech but adjusting his own cameras, which kinda killed the whole flow of the show.
I'm still a huge Todd fan, though.
Jeff Beck was the loudest for me. Totally ruined the show.
Two particular artists I wouldn't have expected to be unusually loud.

The original:

The Cover:

I know where I side. I am a big Toploader fan . Also, kind of makes you wonder HOW much better bands would have sounded if they had better recording equipment and technics??

^--- Sorry but that Toploader mix sounds horrible to my ears, at least through this youtube video. Incredibly overemphasized bass. I guess I'm "old school" then but I think the original recording sounds so much better.

^--- Sorry but that Toploader mix sounds horrible to my ears, at least through this youtube video. Incredibly overemphasized bass. I guess I'm "old school" then but I think the original recording sounds so much better.
Sorry @mcad64 that was a little overly blunt... (I'd had a couple beers when I wrote that)

Pauly,
Music is supposed have bass. Now i realize you old folks are used your AM radio's but we got hifi now.

BTW, I preferred the original version. Probably for no other reason than that is what I used to.

Back