• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

If you like these kinds of films check out Greenland, really good for what it is.
I have to take that I haven't heard it back. Not only have I heard it, but I've seen it as well. I should remember it just for Morena Baccarin, every sci-fi nerds crush. I guess there is/was a planned sequel, but the company that bought the rights to it, ended up filing bankruptcy so it's sitting out there in purgatory.

CBS Sunday Morning did a piece on a movie coming out this year, The Greatest Beer Run Ever.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/the-real-people-behind-the-greatest-beer-run-ever/

Apparently a true story. A bar patron pledges to deliver a beer to all six local youth in his neighborhood who've been sent to Vietnam. And he succeeds! One local had already been killed, and a second already sent home with malaria; but he finds and interfaces with the other four, with notably different responses. And he (barely) makes it back home. His steadfast support of the war flipped to a steadfast protest, after the trip. The CBS piece included a reunion of all five of them, to see the premiere of the movie.
I'm a 37-yr AF retiree, and a history buff, but I've never heard this story before now. Would really like to see this movie.

Took almost three years but Covid has finally gotten me. So I e been hunkered down and doing a serious Halloween season movie marathon.
So far this week….

House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Reject's
The Long Halloween
The Exorcist
Black Phone
Snatchers
Dog Soldiers
Dawn of the Dead

Took almost three years but Covid has finally gotten me. So I e been hunkered down and doing a serious Halloween season movie marathon.
So far this week….

House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Reject's
The Long Halloween
The Exorcist
Black Phone
Snatchers
Dog Soldiers
Dawn of the Dead
Excellent use of COVID down time. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Saw this in the theater on Saturday. Seems like it had a hard time deciding whether it was an historical/educational epic or Marvel style action/battle flick. Have also been reading a little about some complaints of major historical inaccuracies but definitely do not have enough info to form any kind of opinion. Will read some more and see what I can learn. Didn't hate it. Was a little disappointed initially... my girlfriend and I were exchanging that "do you want to stay or go grab lunch" look but then it picked up a little and the story got more interesting and action packed. We stuck it out and ended up enjoying it. Occasionally very violent. Rotton Tomatoes reviews are super high not sure I agree that it was that strong. These two reviews probably sum it up best...

"Thankfully, all flimsiness in the screenplay is overcome by the director, Gina Prince-Bythewood, and her committed cast, who transform a familiar dramatic milieu (Mulan meets Gladiator meets Wonder Woman) into thrilling, amphetamine-rush cinema."

"The film uses history as a jumping off point for myth-making and in the process delivers an all-out action spectacle, just from a perspective movies have tended to ignore."

Wife and I watched Meet Cute last night, and it was pretty bad. I still don't see the allure of Pete Davidson.

Wanna watch a rom com about time travel, watch About Time. I'm pretty sure I've brought that one up before, but it is such a cute story, and also has Margot Robbie in one of her earliest rolls, albeit briefly.

Saw Halloween Ends in the theater on Sunday. Everyone is complaining online not sure what all the fuss is about. Seemed OK to me for what is was... wasn't exactly expecting Oscar performances or anything radically new from what is a formula driven slasher franchise. If anything it was far better then the last installment IMO.

Saw Halloween Ends in the theater on Sunday. Everyone is complaining online not sure what all the fuss is about. Seemed OK to me for what is was... wasn't exactly expecting Oscar performances or anything radically new from what is a formula driven slasher franchise. If anything it was far better then the last installment IMO.
Yeah I e heard really bad things from my horror loving buddies, but if it’s better than the last one I’ll like it. Lol

Back