• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Rush
I was hoping for a little more attention on the cars/racing. Instead it's a realistic portrayal of the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda which, TBH, doesn't come across as all that dramatic. The movie spends too much time driving the point that Lauda was an unfeeling machine and Hunt was a fun loving playboy. Bruhl is excellent as always but Hemsworth just doesn't have the chops to disappear into the role.

The art, photography, costume and set design are excellent.

F4BF907D-A9DD-407D-A9CA-D4F0E8E1B0D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got around to seeing Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. It was ok, just not one of my favorite films by Tarantino, although I recently read this is the film he wants to be remembered for. He took some pretty big liberties with the Tate-Labianca murders, but maybe that was the point? Margot Robbie was pretty much wasted in this film, although the scenes she's in, she does a pretty good job. Glad I saw it, but unlike some of his other films, probably won't watch again.

Finally got around to seeing Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. It was ok, just not one of my favorite films by Tarantino, although I recently read this is the film he wants to be remembered for. He took some pretty big liberties with the Tate-Labianca murders, but maybe that was the point? Margot Robbie was pretty much wasted in this film, although the scenes she's in, she does a pretty good job. Glad I saw it, but unlike some of his other films, probably won't watch again.
I loved it. Not sure what you mean by liberties? Obviously it was an alternate ending to the real thing. I thought the scene at the end with Brad Pitt's Cliff Booth and the attackers was classic Tarantino over the top violence.

I loved it. Not sure what you mean by liberties? Obviously it was an alternate ending to the real thing. I thought the scene at the end with Brad Pitt's Cliff Booth and the attackers was classic Tarantino over the top violence.
Isn't altering the events considered taking liberties? Tex is still alive in prison, and Squeaky, the ginger haired girl, went on to try and assassinate President Ford. I didn't hate the movie, but I think Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds are better movies, with Pulp Fiction my favorite work of his.

Isn't altering the events considered taking liberties? Tex is still alive in prison, and Squeaky, the ginger haired girl, went on to try and assassinate President Ford. I didn't hate the movie, but I think Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds are better movies, with Pulp Fiction my favorite work of his.
Sure it is. But it wasn't billed as a documentary.

Been watching old Christmas movies with my girlfriend getting into the season a little early. Stumbled across this one we had never seen before (we like the oldies). Holds up well with some comedy and surprisingly poignant class struggle themes that have aged well. Streaming on HBO Max if you are looking for it.

It Happened on 5th Avenue IMDB Listing

5TH AVE.jpeg

Well ... I think it's just fantastic that we live in a time where someone can hear "a bear ate some cocaine", think of some funny outcomes, and obtained millions of dollars to fund a movie about said idea. God bless us.

Last edited:
This was a lot better then I expected IMO. Watched it this weekend. Was expecting something more campy with Aubrey Plaza as the lead but instead it was more of a dark and serious thriller that (dare I say) almost reminded me of Michael Mann's Heat in a few places albeit a much smaller scale story. But it had that kind of vibe and atmosphere at times. Rented on Amazon for $2.99...

This was a lot better then I expected IMO. Watched it this weekend. Was expecting something more campy with Aubrey Plaza as the lead but instead it was more of a dark and serious thriller that (dare I say) almost reminded me of Michael Mann's Heat in a few places albeit a much smaller scale story. But it had that kind of vibe and atmosphere at times. Rented on Amazon for $2.99...

oh man oh man oh man.

you said heat. i thought you said collateral.

you had me at collateral. :D

but definitely considering this one. thank you bro.

oh man oh man oh man.

you said heat. i thought you said collateral.

you had me at collateral. :D

but definitely considering this one. thank you bro.
Again like a tiny scale movie compared to Heat. But had some of the same themes... wrestling with conscious/morality vs. financial needs/desperation/survival/etc.

Last edited:
Again like a tiny scale movie compared to Heat. But had some of the same themes... wrestling with conscious/morality vs. financial needs/desperation/survival/etc.
oh yeah i dig that. thats the whole point heist movies appeal to me.

what do you do, when you are in that moment, and need to act IMMEDIATELY for resolution.

sorta like this jonah hill talking about martin scocese.

Ok, so it wasn't today. It was last Friday night. My daughter was at a K-pop concert and I had some time to kill.
So i watched Devotion. Good Flick. I enjoyed!!
316535918_509213144469075_8358113758738298532_n.jpg

Ok, so it wasn't today. It was last Friday night. My daughter was at a K-pop concert and I had some time to kill.
So i watched Devotion. Good Flick. I enjoyed!!
316535918_509213144469075_8358113758738298532_n.jpg
The old factory where those planes were built is right down the street from my office. There is a museum there they have one restored.

Back