• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best TV/Streaming series you can recommend to watch

Hehehe. Yup. And for some reason I know a few people who didn't enjoy game of thrones.

I saw the trailer for let the right one in. Man, that was painful.

Any justified fans here?
Loved Justified. Waiting (Im)patiently for Justified:City Primeval

Somebody above mentioned The Expanse, and I would highly recommend that one. We found the Scy-Fy episodes better, less politics and more science fiction, but Amazon didn't spare any money, and the last two seasons are still pretty good.

i hate you huey. im on episode 6. its good. its not firefly good, but i think its because of two things
1. the main appeal i had of firefly was it was in its core a western. i loved it.
2. the stories were somewhat limited to each episode. granted a few had storylines 'bleed' into the others, but they were just nice little snippets. i loved it.

expanse is great. like you said, first few episodes kinda sluggish, but got over it. is it 'done' btw? the whole tv series or is it still continuing? will google later.

thanks for the suggestion folks, now i have to look up where i can stream justified. i think its on hulu.

im waiting on watching andor. i have a bigger love for 'rogue one' simply because it was in essence, the beginning of the star wars movies (the intro of the 4th chapter mentions it.), and i look forward to what it has to offer. i dont have much time to watch, so when i do, i pull out the sony neck band and blast it a bit more while kids and wife are sleeping.

i hate you huey. im on episode 6. its good. its not firefly good, but i think its because of two things
1. the main appeal i had of firefly was it was in its core a western. i loved it.
2. the stories were somewhat limited to each episode. granted a few had storylines 'bleed' into the others, but they were just nice little snippets. i loved it.

expanse is great. like you said, first few episodes kinda sluggish, but got over it. is it 'done' btw? the whole tv series or is it still continuing? will google later.

thanks for the suggestion folks, now i have to look up where i can stream justified. i think its on hulu.

im waiting on watching andor. i have a bigger love for 'rogue one' simply because it was in essence, the beginning of the star wars movies (the intro of the 4th chapter mentions it.), and i look forward to what it has to offer. i dont have much time to watch, so when i do, i pull out the sony neck band and blast it a bit more while kids and wife are sleeping.
The sixth and final? season aired a year ago, although there has been talk about either a movie of a seventh season. Amazon took over from Scy-Fy in either the 4th or 5th season, and the show changes some. First few seasons are all about the protomolecule, last couple are more about who controls the protomolecule. Amos is my favorite character, with the martian girl a close second. I don't think she shows up until later in the series though.

Andor is really good, at least in my opinion. There was an episode where they almost teased that we were going to meet the robot from Rogue One, and I'm guessing we will as the series goes on.

whos amos again? crap. i am only on episode 6 season 1.

thank you tho.
This guy. I don't remember how much he gets used in the first season, but his arc gets bigger as the seasons progress.

amos.jpg

This is VERY subjective...

What pops into my head right now is Atypical, on Netflix, still one of my favorite shows ever,

Currently loving Secrets of the Zoo (Ohio) on Disney+ / National Geographic.
Atypical is just so so good. Rap sport is amazing in this as well as the kid that plays the lead.

anyone watching the power series? apparently theres a bunch of them. im interested, just because i saw one clip. i'll post it later. its about a guy asking to move someones car in bahston.

Peaky Blinders (Netflix)

I don't watch very many series because there ends up being too many plot lines involving a relatively small number characters that it just becomes too unbelievable. That said I binge watched season 1 of Peaky Blinders over the Thanksgiving weekend and I liked it a lot.
Not sure my limited attention span can make it through much more though.

I don't watch very many series because there ends up being too many plot lines involving a relatively small number characters that it just becomes too unbelievable. That said I binge watched season 1 of Peaky Blinders over the Thanksgiving weekend and I liked it a lot.
I really enjoyed the first couple seasons but after that it gets harder to watch.

i think the nice thing about peaky blinders is that in a way the seasons they have (i think it came up to 5), end a season. no cliffhangers (not until season 4), but pretty much adds some sort of closure to it. so you dont have to binge watch it too much.

the storyline is a bit complex in season one, but gets more complicated further on. season 4 and 5 were a bit heavy for me. but still enjoyed it very much.

I really enjoyed the first couple seasons but after that it gets harder to watch.

i felt the same way. then again, family dramas (like yellowstone), dont get lighter, they always go hot and heavy until its a burden no more.

i think the nice thing about peaky blinders is that in a way the seasons they have (i think it came up to 5), end a season. no cliffhangers (not until season 4), but pretty much adds some sort of closure to it. so you dont have to binge watch it too much.

Huh? No cliffhangers?
Season one ended with Thomas flipping a coin … and Campbell pointing a gun at Grace with a fade to black as we hear a gunshot.

To be fair they did wrap-up the story lines of the missing guns and the Shelbys taking over the Kimber operation. That’s kind of my point about multiple seasons of any show. As the seasons progress it gets harder to write believable stories.

Echo 3, found on apple tv plus - this is on the DO NOT WATCH LIST.

Pass, hard go. dont do it.

Last edited:
I watched "Oops, Wrong Planet" (EDIT: Big Bang Theory) every night when I was stationed at Grand Forks, because it was either too cold or too mosquitoe-y to go outside at night (9 mo/3 months, respectively). (and that's not the right title, it had Sheldon and Penny and Amy in it...) (I'm getting old)
Anyway, there was a new show called "Young Sheldon" that I watched a couple times, it was okay but Sheldon (adult) was my least-favorite character, so I didn't watch it after that.
Tonight, my eyes are screwed up, I can't read and had to enlarge my computer screen, no football at 1900 (after PBS News) and so I clicked on "Young Sheldon"...
I don't know if they got better writers, or I wasn't paying attention; I laughed my Butt off! Dayam that show was funny! Little offhand remarks just before scenes changed, that just caught me off-guard and made me laugh out loud. I've added this to my "to-watch" list (which besides news, has maybe 3 items per week).

Last edited:
Back