• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A Silly Question

Snake Doctor

I have always been been very deliberate in putting my system together and it has taken years, very patient.

The last few weeks that feeling of patients has flow the coop. I have this strong desire to replace my prepro, my amp, tv, sub any or all of it, no sane reason, there is nothing wrong with any of my equipment. In fact if I replaced my prepro what would I gain? My TV isn't 4K, so the picture would most likely stay the same, my amp is old but, it supports 5 speakers, the sub my weak link most likely should be replaced, but not now.

So it boils down to "I have the new car bug, but it is for my audio, video system.

Has this happened to any of you? If so where can I get a vaccine?

:laughing: You're coming to the wrong place for a cure for that particular ailment.

That said, just go with laziness. It's prevented me from doing anything at all new for years now. (actually I'm pretty happy with what I've got... so no major motivation for change)

The problem with this illness is that screaming deals that are all around you, but which you ignored, suddenly become constantly stuck in your line of vision. As soon as you think to yourself, "Self, I would like a new Subwoofer and I think I can afford it." you'll be inundated with amazing deals, products and offers that seem like they came out of nowhere.

The problem with this illness is that screaming deals that are all around you, but which you ignored, suddenly become constantly stuck in your line of vision. As soon as you think to yourself, "Self, I would like a new Subwoofer and I think I can afford it." you'll be inundated with amazing deals, products and offers that seem like they came out of nowhere.

You are right. The problem is now when I read Sound/Vision or see what you guys are discussing, I want everything. A new prepro, amp, OLED, sub, so far I am okay with my speakers, (however adding 2 to 11 more is an option) but is that just a matter of time? :wine:

Back