• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A slight overestimation of Demand?

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Had a great Phillie cheesesteak for lunch today, and on the way home I stopped into the local Best Buy just to stare at the LG 55" OLED for a bit. The central aisle of the store had new boxed TVs, standing on edge, back-to-back, from the front of the store all the way back to the rear counter, with barely space to cross here and there from one side to another. I've not seen that many TVs in one place.
I know the retail world had a good christmas this year, but this looked like they had WAY too many TVs unsold, and some of the prices were incredibly low (not the OLED of course). Anyone see this in your locale?

I was at Best Buy last week and they had a 55" 1080p Panasonic for 298.00 I was like crap if I didn't already have a 50" in there that would've been a great price for a 1080p bedroom set.

I saw that at my local Best Buy in Kansas City. I bought my most recent TV at Costco. A Samsung 55" KU630D for $549. Costco seems to have TV's everywhere right when entering the store.

Had a great Phillie cheesesteak for lunch today, and on the way home I stopped into the local Best Buy just to stare at the LG 55" OLED for a bit. The central aisle of the store had new boxed TVs, standing on edge, back-to-back, from the front of the store all the way back to the rear counter, with barely space to cross here and there from one side to another. I've not seen that many TVs in one place.
I know the retail world had a good christmas this year, but this looked like they had WAY too many TVs unsold, and some of the prices were incredibly low (not the OLED of course). Anyone see this in your locale?

I saw huge rows of TVs before Christmas but not as much after. There were still LOTs but nothing like the days leading up to the holiday.

I don't think this is an over stock sort of thing. There are two things happening right now, inventory and a plethora of new technology TV about to be announced. You already understand the inventory thing petty well, I am sure, but once the world gets wowed by all the 4K OLED TV sets with various proprietary Technicolor like nano dot and quantum dot terms, they won't want the old stuff, especially plasma or cheap 1080p. So, any mid range to high end TV in inventory that isn't 4k and OLED is a liability.

Back