• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Amazon's Jack Ryan series starts Friday!

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I am very excited to see the new Jack Ryan TV series on Amazon Prime. I've always loved the characters and storytelling of the books and even most of the movies (The Hunt for Red October was terrible).

Anyone else excited like me about this series?

Sorry I don't get excited about TV shows or movies or anything except good health, family, music, good wine, beer and bourbon. My priority has changed so much since SVS and Audio Annex inception. Could just be me.

Oh I omitted food and the cook. Not too much that I enjoy more than getting, altering a recipe to my desire. When I serve the end product and my family and or friends show their satisfaction and appreciation, that excites me.

I'm excited to watch it this weekend too. I'll probably binge watch all of the first season this weekend.

I am very excited to see the new Jack Ryan TV series on Amazon Prime. I've always loved the characters and storytelling of the books and even most of the movies (The Hunt for Red October was terrible).

Anyone else excited like me about this series?

WHAT?

Hunt was FANTASTIC. It's a classic. Not completely true to the book, but no movie ever is. Sum of All Fears was the travesty. They took it out of the timeline and felt the need to rework it so the jihadis were no longer the bad guys. You want to forget a movie, that's the one to ditch.

Well, I'm definitely going to be checking it out. I need a new series -- i'm kind of bored with what i've been watching lately (Castle Rock is the latest latest).

I need a new series
Have you seen sense8? That's the best I've seen recently, but it's a little... out there... Altered Carbon was also really good IMHO.

Have you seen sense8? That's the best I've seen recently, but it's a little... out there... Altered Carbon was also really good IMHO.
I haven't seen Sense8 -- i'll add that one too. It was on my radar, but just hadn't pulled the trigger on it yet. And I did see Altered Carbon -- I liked that one a lot as well.

WHAT?

Hunt was FANTASTIC. It's a classic. Not completely true to the book, but no movie ever is. Sum of All Fears was the travesty. They took it out of the timeline and felt the need to rework it so the jihadis were no longer the bad guys. You want to forget a movie, that's the one to ditch.

Akula, you ignorant slut! You are so wrong on this one it makes one's head spin. A spit take is not extreme enough of a reaction. You should be flogged and left to sweat in the high desert while tied to four posts on the ground.

Hunt for Red October was poorly acted with the worst casting in human history. The great Sean Connery was weak. Douchebag poser Alec Baldwin and his permanent kissy-face expression was comical for a character who spent more time standing and thinking while staring at the various scenes he was trying to figure out. Harrison Ford nailed those moments, but Baldwin look confused and like a bad actor forced into a role he could not comprehend. Add to that the fact that all the Russian characters had Russian accents but Connery could not do an accent. If the star cannot do the accent, then don't make it more obvious by surrounding him with actors who do perfect accents. Yes, it represented the book pretty well, it chose some of the worst moments because they at least had action in them. BAH!

Yes, Sum of All Fears was bad, but it was more comical bad and somewhat fun to watch on its own. Not to mention, the acting was at least decent. So, Hunt gets a 1 while Sum gets a 5 and all the Harrison movies get 8-10.

Akula, you ignorant slut! You are so wrong on this one it makes one's head spin. A spit take is not extreme enough of a reaction. You should be flogged and left to sweat in the high desert while tied to four posts on the ground.

Hunt for Red October was poorly acted with the worst casting in human history. The great Sean Connery was weak. Douchebag poser Alec Baldwin and his permanent kissy-face expression was comical for a character who spent more time standing and thinking while staring at the various scenes he was trying to figure out. Harrison Ford nailed those moments, but Baldwin look confused and like a bad actor forced into a role he could not comprehend. Add to that the fact that all the Russian characters had Russian accents but Connery could not do an accent. If the star cannot do the accent, then don't make it more obvious by surrounding him with actors who do perfect accents. Yes, it represented the book pretty well, it chose some of the worst moments because they at least had action in them. BAH!

Yes, Sum of All Fears was bad, but it was more comical bad and somewhat fun to watch on its own. Not to mention, the acting was at least decent. So, Hunt gets a 1 while Sum gets a 5 and all the Harrison movies get 8-10.

Flint, this take is what I expect out of a meth addled whore. Yes, Connery's accent was awful and Baldwin was so-so, but James Earl Jones was great and Fred Thompson also magnificent. The sets, the score, the writing, all those things combine to an enjoyable movie that I simply must watch every time it comes on TV, not unlike how you are with the worst of the Jerry Springer filth. It's eminently quotable, even though the use of polysyllabic words may make it difficult for you to join in that kind of fun.

In short, your take on this wonderful piece of artistic merit is why Baby Jesus cries and is enough to put a gourmand off a lovely rare prime rib.

While we are talking about Netflix shows, has any body checked out Ozark? Looking for a new series as well, and just about to finish the new season of Orange is the new black, and Ozark looks interesting. For those with a little darker sense of humor, Santa Clarita Diet is pretty good as well.

I've watched both Ozark and Santa Clarita Diet. Enjoyed them both! (And long-time fan of Orange is the New Black)

try out Queen of the south.

i didnt do Narco too well, but queen of the south was not too bad, but definitely better than its telenovela version, Reyna del Sur (which was more slutty than...)

i thought its going to be released today no?

Jack Ryan fan, even liked Shadow recruit, which people apparently abhorred. Its Kirk as Jack Ryan. what could be better.

lastly, i bought the 4k versions, so this is not a binge, but a binge binge!!!

For those also looking for new tv stuff, also try out

- Shooter (produced by mark wahlberg)
- Queen of the south (previously mentioned)

both on netflix, both in season 3 right now.

Peaky Blinders good?

Back