• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

American Dream - LCD Soundsystem

I caught about 30 minutes of them live back in July at Bluesfest here in Ottawa. I was thoroughly not too impressed. Which is why I've not yet bothered to check out their new album. But if you say it's very good maybe I should.

I have been amazed for quite a while that contemporary music seems to be regurgitating music styles of decades past and not particularly coming up with anything truly original. American Dream sounds to me like the target decade for regurgitation is now the 1980s' New Wave music. Problem is, the New Wave music of the 80s was authentically original at the time, and was also better and more listenable.

I do realize that I'm probably one of the younger forum members nowadays so the overall "the music in our generation was more original and better " seems to always come up. Some stuff that have utilized the same techniques or sound may not be as good for the younger groups of people. Or maybe the lyrics are not connecting with a newer group of music people.

Either way I like LCD Soundsystem. :drinkingbeer:

Hey, we all get shit around for the stuff we like to listen to. There's a certain ... instrumentalist ... that I can't even post about anymore because it's such a pain in the ass to deal with the feedback.

I'm the last person on this forum you would expect to say something good about LCD Sound system but I am.

They have a song called "Dance yrself clean" that I think is really good. The funny thing is I've not listened to anything else they do. I just can't see myself liking much of anything else in this style of music. Talk about closed minded huh.

I should give this new album you speak of a listen.

Hey, we all get shit around for the stuff we like to listen to. There's a certain ... instrumentalist ... that I can't even post about anymore because it's such a pain in the ass to deal with the feedback.

Yes, and some of us get shit for things we sayabout music we don't necessarily care for. I still don't think @CMonster has forgiven me for my transgressions re: my thoughts on Mumford and Sons.

You have really piqued my interest with that one. I have a few albums that mix many cultures, including Middle Eastern, that I find very easy to go back and listen to. I need to try this group out.

Jeff
They are on Spotify so it costs nothing to check them out. There's also a lot of similar music to this to be found. One American duo who I am fond of in a similar vein is VAS. I became aware of them when I was editing the music for the (shitty) film remake "Rollerball".

You have really piqued my interest with that one. I have a few albums that mix many cultures, including Middle Eastern, that I find very easy to go back and listen to. I need to try this group out.

Jeff

I listened to it... and some associated bands (one of the guys produces music for other acts). I really liked it.

Last edited:
Back