• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Any software to automatically add artwork tags to MP3s?

Kazaam

Preferably one that can do large batches automatically. I did a quick search and it appears there are some programs out there that might be worth a try, but having never heard of them I don't have a clue how good (or safe) they are. So does anyone have something they recommend? Thanks.

(fwiw... I'm using Media Monkey, but when I tried to add artwork it appeared to be a long and cumbersome process that seems to make me go album by album. Unless I'm doing it wrong, of course! So I was hoping for something a bit easer. Maybe.)

Thanks, guys.

I tried the program Rope suggested, but I don't think it quite does what I was hoping. Though it does look like something that could be useful someday. And I've heard great things about dbpoweramp, but I didn't try that yet.

I think I'll just spend some days whenever I get free time embedding the artwork in Media Monkey. At least it has a option to magically grab the artwork from the web, even if it does make me manually go down the list of albums.

Kazaam said:
Thanks, guys.

I tried the program Rope suggested, but I don't think it quite does what I was hoping. Though it does look like something that could be useful someday. And I've heard great things about dbpoweramp, but I didn't try that yet.

I think I'll just spend some days whenever I get free time embedding the artwork in Media Monkey. At least it has a option to magically grab the artwork from the web, even if it does make me manually go down the list of albums.

If you don't mind me asking, what did or didn't Stamp Editor do?

Rope

I was hoping to select my main music folder and have it tag the songs/albums in each of the subfolders automatically. So music/artist/album/song. So I had hoped to just direct the program to my music folder and let it go to work. But I could only get it to work when I selected each specific album folder. So it wasn't a whole lot different than what I will be doing in media monkey. That said... I did like that stamp had a nice single compact window that had lots of fields to enter tag info without having to flip among different tabs.

Back