• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Anyone care about the next gen consoles?

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
The Game forum section is nearly dead with no new posts in a LONG time. Are we all done with the excitement of new games and consoles coming out?

I ask because I was going to post with the new PlayStation rumors were hot, but decided not to. Now the new Xbox specs are released and it might make for good discussions of people cared anymore. Do people care anymore?

It appears the big thing in consoles is support for full 3D enhanced 4K VR gaming capabilities. Does that interest anyone?

I'm interested in gaming consoles as I'm interested in a lot of tech stuff. I find it interesting to see what advancements are coming and like to predict how it'll impact other products. But, in the end, I'm not a gamer anymore.

Christmas of 2015 I got a PS4. thought I would get back into gaming. It didn't take long for me to realize age and some cognitive adversities resulted in my not being even a piss poor gamer. But I do own a like new PS4 with two controllers and 5 games if anyone is interested.

I'm into games, but on PC not on the consoles.

Well, if anyone cares, the next Xbox is supposed to launch in 2017 and have 8 x86 cores and 40 GPU cores. It is a major increase in raw performance.

Wow, that sounds expensive.
I'm interested inasmuch as my son(s) will be asking to get them when they come out.
Rarely do games catch me as much as they used to.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain ate up quite a bit of time
then Fallout 4 I was on for about 2 months, and now Overwatch: Origins I play pretty often, but other than those 3,
in the last 7 years or so, I'm only playing (or watching) whatever games the childrens are playing.

4K or 3D are almost counter to me wanting them as I don't have a 4K or 3D display.

I have a Xbox One, but I don't know if the new Scorpio is an actual new console or just a spec bump to allow higher framerates at 4K resolution. I think it's more the latter.

About the only thing I play is Destiny, and I only got into it because my brother kept nagging me to. And hell, I go and do it, and this week he either didn't feel like playing or was raiding with a different group. Not sure why I even bothered.

I haven't been following closely....I know the Switch pales by comparison but I got one to play the new Zelda game. I look at games much like movies, all the eye candy and flash doesn't mean shyt if the product being consumed sucks. The consoles are just the vehicle to deliver the goods. Good gaming, IMO, still comes down to compelling story, gameplay mechanics and innovation, and graphics and the like are far down on the list but can take a great game to another level. Of course I realize that the more powerful the machine, the more it can do, the better the resolution, frame rate, processing power, etc, etc.....I'm sure I'll most likely get the next Xbox a ways down the road.

Last edited:
I have both a PS4 and an Xbox One. I got back into gaming a couple years ago after about a 15 year break. I play the PS4 more for several reasons. First, I have a few friends also on PS4 and we play together online. Secondly, Sony has much much better exclusive titles in this generation. The new Xbox Scorpio does have impressive specs but there is one major issue that I've read several times that I think are a problem and will continue to be a problem for them. That issue is that almost all Xbox games are also available on PC. And PC is always always always going to be the platform with the highest capable specs. PC gamers upgrade video cards, memory, processors throughout the life cycle of the consoles. The day Scorpio hits the shelves there will be a better gaming PC available. Sony on the other hand has great exclusive titles that can only be played on their hardware.

Back