• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Anyone else's Samsung TV YouTube app stop working?

Kazaam

Think it's the version on the Tizen OS, fwiw. It stopped last week. I can browse videos, but none of them play.

How the heck am I supposed to watch cat videos?

Or videos of cats?
And did I mention this is depriving me of watching cats on video?

62359774.jpg

Don't think it uses flash. But there was a firmware update for the TV a few weeks ago, but I never installed it since I wanted to wait for others to try it first just in case if it messed anything up. But now that update doesn't even show for my Tv for some reason. Would've been v1460 and I'm still on v1455. Not that this is necessarily related to YouTube, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Yes, please! Someone out there in the world with working YouTube please update me on the goings on of Grumpy Cat, Nyan Cat, and Simon's Cat. Has Keyboard Cat uploaded any new songs? Any new epic cat fails? Is it true there's a new video of some random cat doing random cat stuff?

I am really not a fan of Smart TV sets, even though I own several. The firmware tends to not get updated very often and is often buggy. Then there is the fact that you are limited to ARC or optical, neither of which are ideal. The Android TV implementation in my Sony is pretty nice and I use it a lot, but I am still planning on moving to an NVidia Shield TV as soon as I get a job.

I'm watching to see what Xiaomi's upcoming 4K Mi Box Comes priced at and if it works decently. I wouldn't mind Android TV just for the access to Google Music. And a working YouTube, of course, just for the cat videos.

The big advantage of the Shield TV is that Plex put out a special build for that box that allows you to use it as a server as well as a client with full hardware transcoding. Even if you do not use it as a server, the client is capable of playing full 1:1 Blu-Ray rips with DTS HD-MA and Dolby TrueHD audio. If you have any interest in doing the media server thing and ripping your discs with no loss of quality and you want the Android TV platform, the Shield is the only game in town.

My suspicions confirmed. It's a Dove soap commercial that kills YouTube. (WTF?)

Started working again. And I could watch commercials (and skip commercials, too) without breaking YOuTube. That is... Until the Dove soap commercial. It's the dove commercial where they honor vets, I think. This is the same commercial that played just before YouTube broke the first time. And when it came up again last night it broke youtube once more!

So what I know is that skipping that dove commercial after a few seconds definitely breaks YouTube. Next time it comes up, I'll see what happens if I just let it lay all the way through. #CATSAGAINSTDOVE. #CATSAGAINSTSOAP.

We watch YouTube a LOT more now that we have YouTube Red and do not have to watch the ads. The fact that it comes free as a perk with a family subscription to Google Play Music makes it all the better.

Back