• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Anyone Use MoviePass?

The theaters are not really on board other than participating. The MoviePass guys generally don't get discounts on tickets because the studios usually define the ticket price and the theaters have to negotiate with the studios to set the prices - so they are pretty strict about ticket prices.

However, the theaters get bodies into their empty theaters and since most of their revenue is from sales inside the theater for food, drinks, trinkets, and memorabilia, they really want to get more bodies in the theaters if they can. So, Movie Pass, which does not yet have a profitable model, thinks that once they get enough steady subscribers they can find a way to monetize their service through selling advertising to theaters and studios as well as retailers who just want more eyes on their brands and products. This is getting a ton of attention in the entertainment financial world because the thought up until this venture was that people were truly losing interest in going to theaters. This might be a new model which turns around that trend.

Are there any Moviepass users here who know their new reduced services? I am reading different descriptions in the press and am confused. One said they are cutting the number of movies you can see to 3 per month.

Investors are convinced the service cannot turn it around.

That might be because several big movie chains started their own subscription programs, including AMC.

Back