• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Audio-Technica ATH-M35

Deerhunter

So I have been doing a bit of reading on these and they seem to be pretty good from the reviews I have read. I happened to mention them to my wife and left the page open for them. When I was checking my e-mail I just happened to see a purchase from B&H for them! I have not let her know I have seen it since I don't check it very often and she knows that.

So needles to say I will still act very surprised when they come in!

They seem to hold there own, I am looking forward to getting them. I read one review that was from a supposed audio engineer, who claims they are the new industry standard.

I figure if they sound half as good as my JVC marshmallows I will be happy, I don't have the extra money to get a truly hi-end pair of cans right now.

Chime in and give me your impression if you have heard them before.
I wish I was able to go out and listen to several pairs of cans, like I can when listening to stand alone speakers.

Can't wait to read your thoughts. What all do you plan to hook 'em to (cell phone, mp3 player, your sound system...)?
Someday I'll want some cans & those look pretty cool for at home & away....

I plan using them for my phone to watch netflix once football is over and I am at my in-laws. Then also at home my wife thinks I like my system up too loud! lol. They were $47 at B&H plus free shipping.

Well I have been listing to the Audio-Technica ATH-M35 for a little bit now. I have really being enjoying them. They blow away the Beats.

They seem pretty natural sounding, not over powering in the bass smooth in the mid's and not too hi-pitched. I do admit I don't have a lot of experience with cans. One of the reviews they were stated to sound like the Sony MDR-7506 with out having a pair of them to make that comparison too I cannot validate that claim.

They are very conferrable wear, and hard to beat at $47.00 B&H

I will have to spend more time with them in tomorrow, with a few CD as I have only been using them on Pandora tonight. Then I see how well they really sound.

It looks like you found a great value. I hope you don't like the headphone experience too much and get obsessed with it...like some people around here. :eusa-whistle:

I have a pair of lower-end Sony that I use for movies and they do OK, although I do EQ them with my Behringer unit. It's when you get into HQ music recordings that you're familiar with on good speakers that quality becomes important.

GreatDane said:
It looks like you found a great value. I hope you don't like the headphone experience too much and get obsessed with it...like some people around here. :eusa-whistle:

I have a pair of lower-end Sony that I use for movies and they do OK, although I do EQ them with my Behringer unit. It's when you get into HQ music recordings that you're familiar with on good speakers that quality becomes important.

Did you 86 the "Big Bottom" for the Behringer, or just additional evil stuff?

Rope

Rope said:
GreatDane said:

Rope

No, I still use both the Apex 204 (Big Bottom/Aural Exciter) and the 2496. The 204 is used in line after the 2496 just for my M-Stage SS amp(headphones only). My WA3 input is connected to 2496 only and its output is also for preamp into my Rotel> B&W speakers.

GreatDane said:
Rope said:
GreatDane said:

Rope

No, I still use both the Apex 204 (Big Bottom/Aural Exciter) and the 2496. The 204 is used in line after the 2496 just for my M-Stage SS amp(headphones only). My WA3 input is connected to 2496 only and its output is also for preamp into my Rotel> B&W speakers.

Ah crap, I was afraid that would be your answer. Now I have to purchase a Beringer, but not before the T1s. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

That's the spirit.

I know Behringer isn't high quality stuff but the 2496 has been an excellent value. I hope mine lasts a long time. For the price and all it does, it was an easy decision to pick one up.

Back