• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Battlefield 1 - any players?

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
starts tonight for early enlisters, but it starts on the 21st i believe.

been playing BF since ps3 days, and last one i played was BF4 (didnt care for hardline, not my type i guess)...

apparently the campaign mode is comparable to BFBC2. which is a big big compliment.

depends.

ive always liked BF campaign/single player mode. the stories are pretty good (except Hardline imo), and love that its going back to its 'roots'.

just played earlier this morning at 3am, up to about 630ish, before heading to work. man, great times. it made me wonder, it made me think. that alone makes it successful in my book. I wasn't just playing a game anymore, I was actually a person, someone - and I kind of hesitated to pull the trigger at the enemies in the beginning. and then that emotion washed off a while later. but for it to do that? phew man.

MP - this is another big deal. I used to play COD Modern warfare a lot, and their maps were excellent. But was played most of the times as lone wolves. run and gun. when I started BFBC2 (battlefield, bad company 2) it shifted everything for me. man, it was an amazing experience, especially when you have the same mindset of playing as a TEAM opposed to being lone wolf im sniping everyone I see...

I haven't touched MP yet, but the campaign alone made me satisfied.

Ok, I ordered it. I wanted to buy it via Amazon b/c of the 15% preorder discount. Unfortunately, I won't get it until the 25th :(

I also have Skyrim Special Edition on the way. I should be set on games for a while. Oh, and I have not yet completed Uncharted 4. I have more games than I have time to play them!

Looks like Amazon and UPS have different info. One says I am getting the game tomorrow and the other says I am getting it on Monday. Sadly, I won't have much time to play it until mid next week so I am not sure it makes any difference.

andy,

ive played the single player, but man, the MP is a bit difficult to be honest. I just tried playing it yesterday, and it was TEDIOUS would be the proper description. Of course I went thru operations - which is the 'big format kinda setup', where you go thru multiple areas, playing capture or defend.

I realized three things

1. you rank up, but don't get much afterwards. I don't see the reward system as much
2. campers. yup, there are now campers in BF1
3. there are no attachments, or new outfits etc, give me SOMETHING to look forward to to keep truggling on in MP.

I think I will try to move forward with it, but going to finish up Mafia first.

What im saying is, altho the campaign seems short (apparently 6 hours :(), the first mission I was in was amazing.

I have lowered my expectations a bit with MP.

I'm still trying to get my bearings in the game. This is a bit of a learning curve for me but it's fun. The campaign is interesting. I am currently trying to lead a tank through the woods and knock out any Germans standing in the way. No clue how far I am into this first mission. Is there a way to pull up a larger map within the mission?

nope, unfortunately not in the concept im assuming you want.

it shows 'keypoints' in the mission, segmented to reflect your first quarter, then second, then third. but nothing that shows the larger map.

i couldnt fly for crap, so i gave up on the red baron mission. did you get there yet? the campaign mode seems awefully short, but based on the tank mission, and the italian one, man, i felt like i was a part of it. like being in band of brothers, but in WW1...

but based on the tank mission, and the italian one, man, i felt like i was a part of it. like being in band of brothers, but in WW1...

Yeah, I was just doing the mission where you have to find spark plugs for the tank in the village. I was wearing the PS4 Gold headset and I was sweating from the intensity!

good to know you enjoyed that mission andy!

the wierd part is, i think that not being 'handheld' that you had to find out certain parts of it, was a part of the experience. just wait till you get to italy!

into the mouth of the wolf!

I tried the multiplayer and I have no idea what I am doing. Can you explain it? I see a green team (which I think is my team) and a blue team, which I can't tell if they are on my side or if they are the enemy. I don't see any obvious signs as to who is the enemy. I was doing the capture the flag type game. It seemed fun if I can figure out how to target my enemies.

its not the easiest to learn, as it has a high learning curve and depending on the players leaves less to be desired. a lot of campers and glitch bitches.

the ones 'labeled' green or blue are your teammates, and blue I believe is your squad. the more you work with your squad, the more points you get.

the enemy has no labeling on them, but you need to help by 'spotting' them using the R1 button. then a triagle shows above their head and/or their type (scout, assault etc)...

I try sticking to the big one first, I forgot the name, objective I think. which is a larger scale version of rush or capture the flag.

the MP selective version (the smaller quick games), lets you play your typical game formats, except,

capture the flag is capture the flag based on number of respawns and capture points you accumulate.

Rush is based on capturing designated areas, and if you are successful at defending or rushing an objective, you win.

Pass a bit on MP, since there are numerous players saying they are not leveling up.

Ok thanks. I did the spotting feature in the campaign mode. I will try that in MP. The enemies move fast in MP.

Ok thanks. I did the spotting feature in the campaign mode. I will try that in MP. The enemies move fast in MP.

im also in the same boat. its been ages since ive played MP and this is apparently the new 'pace' they have.

big plus, when you get in a game, hit the Triangle button when you are choosing your respawn point. this would allow you to customize your soldiers layout.

For example, ive made one of my medics have a medic kit and replace the revive needle with the Grenade launcher.

(on a sidenote, one big big problem with non BF players who try to revive your companions, check the immediate area first)

I also use my support class and chose a mortar launcher as an add on (this helps with supporting your team from afar)...

played along with Andy last night, man I suck!

It was fun, but wasn't comfortable too much with the microphone on. he could hear my girly voice!

anyways, it was good times, but our squad kinda sucked. no direction, and at times kept on pointing towards Duff and it always got sacked.

its difficult to get a good squad in, and when you do, they bail out.

see you probably on Saturday (tonight im off to inlaws. )

played along with Andy last night, man I suck!

It was fun, but wasn't comfortable too much with the microphone on. he could hear my girly voice!

anyways, it was good times, but our squad kinda sucked. no direction, and at times kept on pointing towards Duff and it always got sacked.

its difficult to get a good squad in, and when you do, they bail out.

see you probably on Saturday (tonight im off to inlaws. )

Don't be silly, the microphone is awesome! Plus, I need to pickup some tips from you by talking thru the mission.

For the most part when you do the matchmaking it seems you get a sorry ass squad. The worst is when the leader has no idea how to set the objective. Or medics who never throw out packs. I've had my best luck playing as support class. I just started using the artillery which I am enjoying.

dude, use the support as much as you can!

its one of the best things,approach a choke point, drop a mortar ONCE, then observe and see where the enemies are then hit the R2 button like hell. even without the animation, it still will continue dropping faster.

release the mortar (hit square), then move on, trying to find another position, rinse, repeate and hopefully this gets you higher points to get the mortar - HE variant. That one gives a bigger boom. :D

keep playing ONE map if you can, so you can read more or learn it more often. I haven't played your map yesterday to be honest, that's why I was moving around like a loose chicken. felt like a sniper camp to me.

and if you see any enemy planes flying above our spawn points, this means they are parachuting behind us, and will gun us down without us knowing it.

andy, how are you holding up on this?

finally getting some kills on double digits, nothing impressive... 11-14 being average. but my KD still sucks. enjoying the medic class a lot, but noticed a lot of other medics and/or scouts AKA snipers.

difficult to play when someone across the map ends up sniping you.

love it tho, I cant seem to get back to mafia 3. im ocd where I HAVE to finish a game to get my moneys worth.

farewell Uncharted 4...

andy, how are you holding up on this?

finally getting some kills on double digits, nothing impressive... 11-14 being average. but my KD still sucks. enjoying the medic class a lot, but noticed a lot of other medics and/or scouts AKA snipers.

difficult to play when someone across the map ends up sniping you.

love it tho, I cant seem to get back to mafia 3. im ocd where I HAVE to finish a game to get my moneys worth.

farewell Uncharted 4...

I've been really busy the last few days so I have not played much. I can't even sniff double digit kills. I think my highest is 4. I am usually good for 1 or 2. I am getting a little better though. Playing mostly as Support. My scores vary quite a bit too. I think my highest before a multiplier was around 6500. Usually I come in around 3500 and if I am lucky, my team wins to bring that up some. I wish there was a way to see my total score during the round.

Have you downloaded the companion app on your phone? It has some cool stats on it. Worth a download.

Back