• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Battlefield 2042 reveal trailer...

Been waiting for this forever. Honestly I have not been enthusiastic about playing anything out there since Battlefield 1 (WWI environment). That game was epic PVP, huge maps, huge lobbies, etc. Very hopeful for this new installment.

LOL there are a lot of games you can watch videos of on YouTube :)

I hadn't read your second post and.not being a gamer I thought it was a movie trailer and thought I gotta see this . Then at the trailer end realized it was for a game. :(
Sorry but it might actually be better then some crappy movies I have seen so at least there's that.

cant believe monkey is also a battlefield player.

why only BF1?

never got the chance to try out BF bad company 2 by chance? THAT was my fun ticket. basically the only game that got me out of COD modern warfare and the lone wolf mindset.

BF3 was also one of my favorites. tanks and helicopters where fun, but i couldnt drive a helicopter for sh*t.

cant believe monkey is also a battlefield player.

why only BF1?

never got the chance to try out BF bad company 2 by chance? THAT was my fun ticket. basically the only game that got me out of COD modern warfare and the lone wolf mindset.

BF3 was also one of my favorites. tanks and helicopters where fun, but i couldnt drive a helicopter for sh*t.
I have played other BF and COD titles I just fell in love with the huge BF1 Conquest maps, giant lobbies and longer epic PVP rounds. I just found it to be a much more enjoyable format vs rinse lather repeat COD gameplay. Cooperative team play was rewarded heavily and with all the varieties of weapons, support roles, air, ground and sea vehicles and varied terrain it was like multiple games in one. Probably my all time favorite PVP shooter.

Last edited:
For the record I have not gamed in a long time I have been on a self imposed break. But this new BF may draw me back in.

I have played other BF and COD titles I just fell in love with the huge BF1 Conquest maps, giant lobbies and longer epic PVP rounds. I just found it to be a much more enjoyable format vs rinse lather repeat COD gameplay. Cooperative team play was rewarded heavily and with all the varieties of weapons, support roles, sir, ground and sea vehicles and varied terrain it was like multiple games in one. Probably my all time favorite PVP shooter.
exactly why i loved it.

i've always been embarrassed about talking on a mic, but man, this was great. especially when you hook up with a really really good crew. its fun and keeps you locked into a 'group' for a couple of hours.

this is why on the blu-ray forum i had a couple of regulars to work with, and man it was amazing.

one or two guys i played with, where AMAZING PILOTS. i mean, they rocked the copter so cool.

other guy was a tank masher. i always ended up playing as an engineer, and rack and stacked points just doing MY JOB.

thats the difference. be a medic, do your job. be an engineer. do your job. snipe? sure, but recce the hell out of the area for you and your crew. smashing the select button until your fingers hurt.

exactly why i loved it.

i've always been embarrassed about talking on a mic, but man, this was great. especially when you hook up with a really really good crew. its fun and keeps you locked into a 'group' for a couple of hours.

this is why on the blu-ray forum i had a couple of regulars to work with, and man it was amazing.

one or two guys i played with, where AMAZING PILOTS. i mean, they rocked the copter so cool.

other guy was a tank masher. i always ended up playing as an engineer, and rack and stacked points just doing MY JOB.

thats the difference. be a medic, do your job. be an engineer. do your job. snipe? sure, but recce the hell out of the area for you and your crew. smashing the select button until your fingers hurt.
I generally played support with a large mag LMG I would dump ammo everywhere and overwatch advances tagging like a mofo. Probably my favorite gaming fun ever was a toss up between stalking armor with limpet charges or driving around like a madman in a mini tank. I would sometimes rack up like 50-60 kills in that thing per round. Attack, retreat, hide, repair, repeat. That game was endless fun. The anti tank gun was also so much fun. Leveling buildings with sniper perches with it from long range was hilarious good fun.

hahaha! i remember doing that as well, completely forgot about that!

one of my favorite things we did was get on an atv, run all the way to tank spots on the other side, and place mines all over the floor.... we'd end up having a blast literally, seeing tanks go poof!

worse, we'd c4 the atv and park it right close to the tank and wait for it to fill up. then have another blast!

the fun in battlefield games is different from COD to be honest. you kinda laugh and smile at it.

the only downside?

everyone at one point, mostly the beginning wants to be the sniper.

we'd had teams where everyone was a sniper, and attempting all those wonderful headshots from the starting point.

hahaha! i remember doing that as well, completely forgot about that!

one of my favorite things we did was get on an atv, run all the way to tank spots on the other side, and place mines all over the floor.... we'd end up having a blast literally, seeing tanks go poof!

worse, we'd c4 the atv and park it right close to the tank and wait for it to fill up. then have another blast!

the fun in battlefield games is different from COD to be honest. you kinda laugh and smile at it.

the only downside?

everyone at one point, mostly the beginning wants to be the sniper.

we'd had teams where everyone was a sniper, and attempting all those wonderful headshots from the starting point.
We used to stake out the vehicle spawn areas hiding in the bushes in BF1 and take off running behind them with limpets in hand like maniacs. It was hilarious good fun. Honestly that's why I quit gaming after my crew stopped playing BF1 I am no longer interested in "serious" or intense hardcore shorter format COD matches. Don't get me wrong it was fun to make a run up the leader boards. At one point we had multiple clan members in the top 1000 on hardcore kill confirmed international leader board (over 2 million players). My highest rank was in the 700's. But it's too stressful I am much more interested in putting the fun back in gaming and enjoying myself. When BFV came out it was disappointingly buggy. And the lackluster rollout of of new maps and content was a deal breaker for me. I just stopped playing. I did enjoy a few fun moments of BFV... dragging and wedging a howitzer into a totally inappropriate spot or back alley, cutting it loose from the vehicle and laying in wait to ambush unsuspecting players rushing the map with a big old round to the face. That was good fun. I have some amazing clips of some of those moments I'll check if they still exist on XBOX DVR online.

Same Rotterdam map after I dragged my howitzer into a sheltered little cubby down by the docks. Endless fun and annoyance for other team no matter which control point they were trying to rush on either side of the harbor.

Clip 1...

Clip 2...

Clip 3...

There is no hiding from the howitzer.

:rofl:

We used to stake out the vehicle spawn areas hiding in the bushes in BF1 and take off running behind them with limpets in hand like maniacs. It was hilarious good fun. Honestly that's why I quit gaming after my crew stopped playing BF1 I am no longer interested in "serious" or intense hardcore shorter format COD matches. Don't get me wrong it was fun to make a run up the leader boards. At one point we had multiple clan members in the top 1000 on hardcore kill confirmed international leader board (over 2 million players). My highest rank was in the 700's. But it's too stressful I am much more interested in putting the fun back in gaming and enjoying myself. When BFV came out it was disappointingly buggy. And the lackluster rollout of of new maps and content was a deal breaker for me. I just stopped playing. I did enjoy a few fun moments of BFV... dragging and wedging a howitzer into a totally inappropriate spot or back alley, cutting it loose from the vehicle and laying in wait to ambush unsuspecting players rushing the map with a big old round to the face. That was good fun. I have some amazing clips of some of those moments I'll check if they still exist on XBOX DVR online.

you know what, your right! at one point COD MW had the leadership boards, and it was kinda stressful seeing kill to death ratio and efficiency. in BF that didnt matter AT ALL.

it was fun. pure and simple.

hardcore players had, well servers, and hardcore modes to work with. i just liked playing and CONTRIBUTING as a player or squadmate.

i never got into BF5 either, back to world war 1 or 2 or whatever. just a bit too stressful and 'dark'. plus no plain ol spotting mechanic, they modified it heavily and couldnt add on to help your team mates. i did like one or two maps, the really long one on a castle i think.

that clip you showed me was fun! man... i might have to give it a go again.

big news tho, no campaign mode for 2042.

Back