• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bazinga!

mzpro5

Famous
c3c92732865b3f3a947319a7bd30a800.jpg

2be27c4145df4e1b3f7f615209d97acb.jpg

You SUCK! Have fun over the weekend enjoying your new speaks! :handgestures-thumbup:

You sly dog. Did I miss an update??? I thought you were buying the SVS for the basement and moving the other SVSs upstairs????

This is awesome, let's see pics of those babies out of the box!

You suck ! I bet you are enjoying those.....can't even take time to let us see your s-eating smile with those !

Awwwww shyt!!!! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :eusa-clap: sneaky bastard!! YOU SUCK!

I didn't want to say anything in the other thread once you had made your "decision"....but this is the right call.

Congrats MZ. Now, set them up right and let us know about it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Yeah figured I would do one of my famous pranks on you guys.

Just got them unpacked and initially setup. Right off the top they are great. Different than the SVS, a little brighter. also running right now with no sub, think I may keep it that way.

Got a couple errands to run and then down to some serious listening.

one thing i hate about work is that the good sh*t always gets filtered.

will check on this later on, including our NSFW thread. :happy-smileygiantred:

AndySTL said:
They look awesome! Looking forward to the detailed review. Way to go Mz!

And they sound awesome!

I am not the greatest at describing such things but I will try.

Fantastic detail. Highs, mid-range and bass just blend great. No need for a sub with these the bass is right where it should be, not too dominant but filling its place in the music.

I like my MTS speakers but for music these Focals are much more satisfying. I started out with Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms, a reference disc for me - don't know if I have ever heard it so good, at least in nothing I have had.

Now i've got the 5 disc changer loaded, some jazz, rock, blues.

I will have to say that the CD library I setup in the basement is going to have to be moved upstairs. Too much up & down. Though I do have a small shelf at the little house I can bring over to store some CDs upstairs.

Batman said:
No lossless files via squeezebox?

I did get a second SB classic for this room but all my music on the computer is mp3 at 256k or higher, mainly did that for versatility. With 8000+ songs I really don't want to do it all over again.

I listened to a few songs, sounds pretty damn good but with this setup i can tell it is not quite CD quality.

Next step is to hook up the old Technics linear tracking turn table and see how some LPs sound.

Jeff...........enjoy the new speakers.............AWESOME!!!!

Like they say....................................

YOU SUCK!! :happy-smileygiantred:

Back