• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Billy F. Gibbons

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar

Don't know what happened here. DId the other two guys in ZZ Top hang it up? Band fight? Billy sure wasn't looking for a change, this could easily be a ZZ Top record (except Hill's backup vocals were as distinctive as that drummer in the Doobies, or VH's real bass player).
The video was just as sexist and 35 years out of date as anything off of Eliminator, and I'm okay with that! :love:

Last edited:

Don't know what happened here. DId the other two guys in ZZ Top hang it up? Band fight? Billie sure wasn't looking for a change, this could easily be a ZZ Top record (except Hill's backup vocals were as distinctive as that drummer in the Doobies, or VH's real bass player).
The video was just as sexist and 35 years out of date as anything off of Eliminator, and I'm okay with that! :love:
I read an article a while back that this is just a side project for him and not even his first solo albumZZ Top's Billy Gibbons releases new solo album, 5 Things to Know from the article
• As "Hardware" comes out, Gibbons says another ZZ Top album -- the band's first since 2012's "La Futura" -- is in the works, which may include "spin-off songs" from the "Hardware" sessions. "

I’ve never much cared for ZZ Top. To me, as a kid back then, they were the guys with the beards. A novelty with a catchy song. Probably cousins to William Lee Golden of the Oak Ridge Boys. (Pure genius, btw) Though, I did like the “Legs” music video. More of an ass man, myself**. And boobs. Legs are OK, of course. And you certainly need feet. And those feet should have toes, too. But I am in no way fetishizing toes. I mean cool for those who do. You do you. But I’m thinking T&A all day, everyday. I’m like an Adidas t-shirt except it should read AdidaTaAs.

**An ass man, yes, who is also occasionally a jackass.

I’ve never much cared for ZZ Top. To me, as a kid back then, they were the guys with the beards. A novelty with a catchy song. Probably cousins to William Lee Golden of the Oak Ridge Boys. (Pure genius, btw) Though, I did like the “Legs” music video. More of an ass man, myself**. And boobs. Legs are OK, of course. And you certainly need feet. And those feet should have toes, too. But I am in no way fetishizing toes. I mean cool for those who do. You do you. But I’m thinking T&A all day, everyday. I’m like an Adidas t-shirt except it should read AdidaTaAs.

**An ass man, yes, who is also occasionally a jackass.

Oh my friend, but ZZ Top is so much more . Some of the most amazing southern fried blues.

Billy Gibbons was Jimi Hendrix favorite guitarist.

Look to the deep cuts with this band.

Although I am an ass and legs man to the early videos were fine in my eyes.

Back