• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bluetooth from Squeezebox

mcad64

Just out of curiosity , would it work? If I were to buy this little gadget, and plug it into the headphone jack in the back of the squeezebox? My son has wireless bluetooth headphones and was wondering!!! Or I guess, it could be plugged into the receiver for that matter?

A1PK_1302594432280849966RnHeYqV0I.jpg

I assume that is a BT transmitter? If so, I imagine it will work fine. I recommend you turn up the output on the Squeezebox to max or near max so he can control the volume at the headphones with the greatest range and lowest noise.

Does the squeezbox or receiver still output audio on the other connectors when there is something connected to the headphone jack?

Addendum to my original question. Could I take my Sennheiser HD 598's unplug headphone cord, plug in another bluetooth reciever/transmitter and turn them into wireless? Is the battery in the bluetooth module enough to drive the headphones? Is this a completely stupid idea....cuz it wouldn't be my first stupid idea!!??

The device you sent was a BT transmitter. Does it even have a headphone output?

After checking Amazon it doesn't look like it does but there are several BT receivers with headphone outputs. The bottom line is that type of solution will obviously require two devices. A BT transmitter plugged in at the squeezebox/AVR plus BT receiver that your plug your headphones into.

Edit ....
I completely misread your question. Sorry ...

Sounds like you are exactly correct.

Last edited:
You can get a headphone amp like my BT Headphone amp from Audio Technica and use it with the transmitter AND your phone, Amazon Echo/Dot, or other devices.

I'm trying to think back, but didn't the Squeezebox duet remote have a mini jack output on it? Not sure how easy they are to find, but it is it's own wifi device, so you should be able to stream wherever your wifi network goes.

Back