• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Canceled My Netflix Account

Towen7

Staff member
Since getting on the 100% streaming bandwagon wev’ve accumulated too many monthly subscriptions. We realized that we watch less TV now (for a lot of reasons) and since Netflix was the least used of all of our services it had to go. I’ll miss being able to download content for offline viewing, but I don’t travel enough to justify keeping it for that.

So we’re left with:
DTVnow for live TV and sports
Amazon Prime video
Amazon Music Unlimited
Hulu (we’re considering dropping this one too)

Is anyone else taking inventory of all their subscriptions and cutting down?

Well ok technically I guess I have amazon prime video/music too, but we have prime for other reasons, not for a/v streaming, which we use very infrequently.

Putting my wife's K-Drama stuff, all we have is Netflix, Amazon and YouTube Premium. Amazon is the one we watch the least, but is essentially free. We are also finding that we watch less TV, though that seems to go in cycles.

Exactly, Amazon video is essentially free and there’s enough original content to keep us happy.
We pretty much only use Hulu to stream cartoons at night to fall asleep to.

I think it is great you are living life rather than watching TV every day. Assuming the things you guys are doing is "fun" then you are likely much happier overall than the rest of us who rely on video entertainment to escape our daily stress.

I personally still pay for Netflix, Hulu Plus, and CBS All Access and take advantage of Amazon Prime. I am happy with the mix. If I want to watch a game live I either go to a sports bar or visit a friend with some cable-like service. I am VERY happy not to have access to live news channels - that alone has made my life a billion times happier.

I forgot that I also have a cable DVR with a basic package, because I've probably turned it on two or three times in the six months I've had it. It will see some use over the holiday and award seasons and will then go back to collecting dust.

I am VERY happy not to have access to live news channels - that alone has made my life a billion times happier.

Ditto
The only news I watch anymore is the local broadcast in the mornings. And that’s only a few days a week. I catch the headlines on the radio and browsing news aggregation apps like Flipboard.

I used to read news aggregations constantly and listen to NPR during my commute. When I stopped doing that, my stress and anxiety levels dropped off a lot.

I have Hulu Plus for my cable channels, Netflix for programs and I share this with my mom but I pay for it. My mother lets me use her HBO Plus which she pays for (but I can't recall the last time I actually watched it). I also use Vudu but don't pay monthly for that as its for my movie collection (which again my mother uses my login and password). So I'm only paying for Hulu Plus and Netflix and the individual movies I'm always adding to Vudu in HDX and UHD quality.

Back