• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Comic Books...

Babs

Queen "B"
I am so very surprised that there is NOT a thread for this!?!?

Zing bought me a "Wonder Woman" comic book this past week when he & Bats geeked out at a local comic book store. :ugeek:

I am so enjoying it! It is a 1 shot. I enjoy reading in general. Books, no Kindle or any other device for reading purposes. I luv the smell of a book, holding it in my hands , especially from a library or my library. I feel the same about comic books now!!!!!! I think it may be a new hobby for me.

Boys our quest has ended. We waited over ten years for a female to join our merry little band of heathens and now we have a couple and one is a comic book fan. Lets place this in the "win" column. :eusa-clap:

zod said:
I got out of collecting business awhile, but I have a brother that is still active.

Anybody that is seriously afflicted should check this forum out: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=5

Thanks Zod! I WILL check this out. I finished the one & only comic book I have & started reading it again, I found it that intriguing!!!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

I had hoped to do a google search, then my day became busy with so many other things.

Thanks again!

MatthewB said:
Boys our quest has ended. We waited over ten years for a female to join our merry little band of heathens and now we have a couple and one is a comic book fan. Lets place this in the "win" column. :eusa-clap:

Very sweet Matt! Thanks! ;)

I'm getting ready to read Batman: Zero Year books 1&2. This is a reinterpretation of Batman's first year of crime fighting in Gotham. Looking forward to it with a little trepidation. Scott Snyders first two major story arcs in the "new 52" were home runs so I'm very hopeful...

MatthewB said:

No shit Matt, I have to agree. Jesus, Zing! Where did you find this lady??

Babs.......You got any sisters? :laughing:

Yesfan70 said:
MatthewB said:

No shit Matt, I have to agree. Jesus, Zing! Where did you find this lady??

Babs.......You got any sisters? :laughing:

I do not Yesfan, two big bro's! Thank you for your :text-goodpost: !!!!!
It made me smile! I am a geek sista! Primarily because of Zing! We yin & yang!
For the record, I picked him up, he didn't find me! But, we found each other! Awesome story for us, but that would be :text-offtopic:!!!!

Now...how about more on Comic Books!!! I plan on sourcing more out in the near future!!!

Tooooo cool!!!!!

I have been sourcing out comic books. Amazon didn't have a lot to offer.
I found a link through Google that I need to research more.
Any other suggestions?

Depending on what you want to read, Amazon has a ton of stuff available and many many stories are downloadable to kindle. Also you can download DC or Marvel apps and purchase digital downloads...

Batman said:
Depending on what you want to read, Amazon has a ton of stuff available and many many stories are downloadable to kindle. Also you can download DC or Marvel apps and purchase digital downloads...

Based on the following, I believe she'd prefer a physical comic book:

Babs said:
Books, no Kindle or any other device for reading purposes. I luv the smell of a book, holding it in my hands

I think she wants the ability to peruse and buy more books like the one I bought her at Blue Hen. We just don't have a comic book store anywhere around here so she needs to find one online.

I missed that, BUT Amazon still has a ton of shit...I get a vast majority of my hardcovers from them.

Yep... Amazon.

I recommend a "graphic novel" which is a longer format.

Batman said:
I missed that, BUT Amazon still has a ton of shit...I get a vast majority of my hardcovers from them.

I guess I did not source out enough.

I will try again!

Thanks, winks & squeezes!!!

In case it is something rare, maybe search for online comic book market place or something similar and see what you get. I did this with some of the music I try to find.

I love Amazon, but even they can sometimes not carry what I'm looking for.

Yesfan70 said:
In case it is something rare, maybe search for online comic book market place or something similar and see what you get. I did this with some of the music I try to find.

Thanks! ;) I have sourced out a few!

Yesfan70 said:
I love Amazon, but even they can sometimes not carry what I'm looking for.

I rarely do not find what I am looking for on on Amazon, BUT, it has happened a time or two.
I put a few in my wish list today with Amazon. I want to look through it a bit more, I hope to order several with my first order!

Babs, what has caught your attention so far, more Wonder Woman or a few different titles?

Batman said:
Babs, what has caught your attention so far, more Wonder Woman or a few different titles?

Surprisingly, no Wonder Woman yet!

I picked out two 1 shots...Vertigo House of Mystery & Giant-Size Incredible Hulk. I hope to find a few more, it seems pointless to me to just buy two.

Back