• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Considering ATH-AR3BTBK for daughter. Anything else I should look at under $100 with Bluetooth?

saldog

My teenage daughter wants a pair of Bluetooth headphones, and I'm okay spending up to $100. I was looking at these Audio Technica ATH-AR3BTBK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZNC2L9

Anything else I should consider at that price point? Must be on or over ear, must be BT, must have the option of being wired. ANC not needed. Sennheiser, Sony, Monoprice, Beats, etc?

Thanks!

:listening::listening::listening:

Literally hopping on the site to ask this very same question (minus the initial reference to anything I was looking at).
100% following this thread!
Thanks saldog for asking the question.

I will also be following this for recommendations. I've been buying the same dirt-cheap Bluetooth headphones for members of my family for several years on the basis of cost, durability and reliability, but the sound quality is as mediocre as you would expect for $35.

My teenage daughter wants a pair of Bluetooth headphones, and I'm okay spending up to $100. I was looking at these Audio Technica ATH-AR3BTBK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZNC2L9

Anything else I should consider at that price point? Must be on or over ear, must be BT, must have the option of being wired. ANC not needed. Sennheiser, Sony, Monoprice, Beats, etc?

Thanks!
Mike!!! How have you been! It's been a long time since you have been here???

Hey Keith, I’ve been good. I know I’ve been slacking in keeping in touch. The last 2 years were crazy. We had to relocate during Covid due to an unfortunate job situation, so we feel like we’re just getting settled still. But I’m enjoying where I’m at. Been following your house adventures on FB!

Both my son and I have Sony bluetooth headphones and are quite happy with them. I have the wh-xb900n, and my son has the wh-h910N h.ear. At least that's what they call them in Canada, who knows if they call them that in USA. I didn't really need the XB (extra bass) as I am not a bass head, but they were a Christmas gift. I would take a look at the Sony whch710n. Both sony store and amazon have them marked down from 179 to 99
Mike

Both my son and I have Sony bluetooth headphones and are quite happy with them. I have the wh-xb900n, and my son has the wh-h910N h.ear. At least that's what they call them in Canada, who knows if they call them that in USA. I didn't really need the XB (extra bass) as I am not a bass head, but they were a Christmas gift. I would take a look at the Sony whch710n. Both sony store and amazon have them marked down from 179 to 99
Mike

Sold. I found a higher end pair mentioned in a thread here, but definitely didn't want to spend $250+...this is much more in the proper range and I'll be purchasing 1 for each of my children (710N).

Thanks!

when you say needs to be wire capable, is this a big must?

also, my suggestion is currently on sale at 170, i bought mine at 200 bucks.

yes, they're bose. i had bose soundwears and loved them for a while, but was heavy around the neck after a while.

these dont have as much bass as those do, but pretty acceptable. they are 'open' for situational awareness (ie baby sitting and playing ref to the 2 boys), and love the way they sound.

stupid cons
1. case is not chargeable. stupid stupid stupid.
2. they need a charging 'cradle' to charge.
3. the performance, comfort are mostly based on your ear shape.

i cant use them anymore due to my new glasses being thicker than my older ones. so that is something to consider.

yes it doesnt meet your requirements, but some sort of a consideration.

Thanks guys. The Audio Technica ones I linked in the first post went on sale for $60, so I jumped on those. I also read some great things about the Anker Soundcore Q30s, and they went on sale for one day for $60 as well, so I got those too. Whichever one my daughter doesn’t want, I get to keep. Win win :). After Christmas I’ll try to give my thoughts on both pairs.

I e got klipsch, Sony, Bose (yeah I know), and jbl Bluetooth headphones, best overall imho are the JBL.
fit, comfort and sound are equal or better than the others.

I e got klipsch, Sony, Bose (yeah I know), and jbl Bluetooth headphones, best overall imho are the JBL.
fit, comfort and sound are equal or better than the others.
which jbl ones did you get walls?

Back