• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cyberpunk 2077

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Got this a while back, and was anticipating it since day 1.

i am not a big fan of the witcher, but cd projekt red shows they are committed to the community, even after a few missteps here and there.

so, initial impressions?

the truth?

i liked Deus Ex, and liked how it was super futuristic but also open world. it felt limited at times due to its story constraints, but also of its dated gameplay.

this is another open world game, but didnt feel like a big big improvement over Dues Ex. im still early in the game, and got a migraine for some reason, must be the drugs.

anyways, will take time with this one, but look forward to the updates they will be doing.

Witcher had a lot in the beginning, and remember people going after cows and clams to get money. i am guilty, but loved their solutions. anyways, a work in progress.

I have this game too, just about to start it... Yes I was willing to shell out the not-insubstantial $$ for it in large part because it's produced by Projekt Red.

Timely. My son just mentioned this game today. Will be interested to hear your views, Jomari and Pauly. Trying to figure out what to get him for Christmas. He wouldn't pay full retail for any game, and as you mention it ain't cheap, so Mom and Dad would buy it for him for Christmas if the game is decent!!

Started it... seems like a pretty big learning curve at the beginning, but story/setting is interesting so far. Graphics are good. My impression so far is that this is going to be more of a story/RPG game, less of an FPS.

Timely. My son just mentioned this game today. Will be interested to hear your views, Jomari and Pauly. Trying to figure out what to get him for Christmas. He wouldn't pay full retail for any game, and as you mention it ain't cheap, so Mom and Dad would buy it for him for Christmas if the game is decent!!
big learning curve as pauly mentioned, and you definitely need glasses. fonts on this are a mofo! reminds me of the witcher in its early days.

a big big heads up if this is for your son (sorry mcad64, i dont know how old he is), but there is a fairly good amount of nudity and sex since its a projekt red game. its for mature audiences only.

big example?

Studded dildo, several of them right next to kids playing hopscotch.

That doesnt even compare to another one, i think it was called annihilation.

Also on the floor.

Yeah... mature content for sure. Lots of swearing too.

played again last night ,i am enjoying it so far.

protip - when you kill someone always dump the body, it gives you 200 stealth XP, and pride. :D

Diggin' the mantis blades!
how do you install them? i have them too, but dont know how to have them installed.

do you go to the doctor for it?

and yes, im doing the soda hack right now.

same thing i did in the witcher and the clam money maker glitch.

Yeah, ripperdoc - but gotta have some high-ish street cred to be able to buy them, I think. I only got them recently.

Yeah, ripperdoc - but gotta have some high-ish street cred to be able to buy them, I think. I only got them recently.
crap. thank you. i appreciate it. theres a steep learning curve with it.

i just try to end up doing all the sidequest first, mostly the moderate danger levels first.

Y'know what's better than mantis blades? FLAMING mantis blades!

Seriously, I love this game.

So... I finished the game. Great ending. Or should I say - one great ending among several possibilities. I actually played through three different endings, and there are probably others, I would guess, based on choices made earlier on in the game. (My favorite is the Panam ending.)

Definitely one of the best game storylines, IMHO. Like a good book, when you feel kinda emotional leaving it at the end, it's the sign of a great story.

wait.....

how or at what point determined the crossroads for the endings?

i just finished the heist, and finally got to meet another character (trying to not spoil it)

what did you choose by the way pauly,

1. eat the blue pill to pacify him, or the red one to release the kraken?

so many things to consider, im still working on it.

this is why i kinda hate open world games nowadays.

so many options, so many playthroughs available, but so little time.

at a younger point in time i wouldve discovered and blasted each and every conversation point and revert to the previous saved game.

then do the same thing for the next goddamn convo point.

sucks, but this is what fallout 3 does to you.

and witcher 3.

you gotta romance EVERYONE.

unlike mass effect. some inter.... uhm.... racial? species can only go so far.

If you just finished the initial heist of the relic, then you're nowhere near the choice point for the final ending, which happens much much later. That heist is really just an extended opening scene of the game... There are plenty of opportunities for red/blue pills along the way. ;)

Last edited:
Spoiler, don't read until you've finished the relic heist sequence:

Yeah I had that "oh wow" moment the first time I saw Johnny Silverhand. My initial thought was "wow that looks a lot like Keanu Reeves (in his John Wick role)!" And then a bit later, "huh even sounds a bit like him, their voice actor sure did a good job imitating him." lol Wasn't till some time later that I looked it up and found it was in fact Keanu (I had no clue of this before-hand). Pretty cool. Ok he's not the BEST voice actor ever, but suits the character well.

I thought I'd read somewhere that this game was so buggy that it was pulled off the market, but it sounds like you guys are enjoying it.

I thought I'd read somewhere that this game was so buggy that it was pulled off the market, but it sounds like you guys are enjoying it.
Dunno. Was pretty solid for me. A few glitches but nothing major. But I'm on a PC - from what I gather, older consoles have more significant problems.

That said, I did notice the bug where if you look in a mirror, and your character has any sort of headwear (which one generally does), you appear bald.

apparently any save point larger than 8mb, it will corrupt and is not retrievable.

its based on the number of items you are carrying, or modding etc.

save save save.

if theres one thing i learned with open world games, its this.

Back