• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Daredevil

Walls:

I'm on the second episode. It is very good, not cartoonish at all.

I alternate between Bosch on Amazon and DD on Netflix.

My two kids watched a couple weekends ago and LOVED it. It's on my radar I just have to find time, I've heard nothing negative, not one negative word.

I recently finished watching the whole first season. Agreed, terrific show. I thought the main villain (Fisk) was a particularly interesting character.

I hope they continue on with new seasons!

I agree completely about the guy that played Fisk (kingpin) he was just fantastic. I read today that they will continue with a second season.

Fisk is played by Vincent D'Nofrio, he's been in a ton of stuff both in TV and movies over the last couple decades.

been keeping away from this, simply because i KNEW it was going to be great, and the bar is once again raised.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nsDv_lkaLw[/youtube]

I have it on my cue, but haven't started watching it yet. My brother loves it. I may try to watch a couple of episodes Sunday morning.

Very good first season.

Some very compelling characters BUT (spoiler alert) they killed off two good ones. Hope they add equally-good new ones next year.

Jeff

Vincent D'nofrio is best re breed as Private Pyle on Full Metal Jacket. The guy who kills himself on the toilet during boot camp.

I love the show. The girlfriend and I are halfway thru the season and we both love it.

The audio on this series is AMAZING!

As you know i am convalescing at home after my jaw surgery and have lots of time for watching TV. I started watching Daredevil last night and fell in love with the soundtrack. When they audibly shift to what our hero hears, you hear a slight ringing like tinnitus, which is friggin' cool, and the tone and acoustics of all the various sounds he is filtering through to hear what he wants all reflect how he MIGHT hear them - some sound like they are through the window of a car, others through an open apartment window, etc. Amazing...

Then there was the scene where the Russian mobsters have the Chinese guy sitting in the back of the cab and they get out leaving him in the cab and he starts singing... the camera starts panning around in a slow circle and the singing voice follows the angle of the camera by slowly moving from center to left to left side to left rear to right rear to right side to right to center and then it repeats. Because I have perfectly acoustically matched speakers all around my room, the sound of that Chinaman's voice is so incredibly dead-on that I got pretty woozy watching that scene. Because, not only did the tone of his voice sound exactly perfect as it moved around, the environmental sounds panned with his voice. It was staggering. If it were possible, I was convinced I was in the cab where the camera was mounted turning around slowly - which made my physically dizzy enough to feel a slight bit of nausea. AMAZING!

The sound engineers for Daredevil deserve awards, like now.

Watched episodes 1-7 this weekend. This series deserves every bit of praise it has received. Can't wait to finish over the next couple evenings. Really well done!

Bob R said:
Walls:

I'm on the second episode. It is very good, not cartoonish at all.

I alternate between Bosch on Amazon and DD on Netflix.
I enjoyed Bosch. I need to check this out.

I just started last night. I have a feeling I'll be through the season by the end of the weekend. I'm pretty impressed so far. I hope the flashbacks scenes taper off a bit.

Towen7 said:
I just started last night. I have a feeling I'll be through the season by the end of the weekend. I'm pretty impressed so far. I hope the flashbacks scenes taper off a bit.
Maybe in Season 2 :happy-smileygiantred:

I'm just over 1/2 way through and really dig the show. I kinda wish I'd have gotten on-board a little sooner.

I like how they are handling the Kingpin character. I always thought it'd be tough to get that on film with any believability but the writers/director/actors nailed it. Ditto for Murdoch. His voice (as Mat) is pretty spot-on to how I always imagined him to sound.

Daredevil%20-%20171%20-%20In%20the%20Kingpins%20Clutches%20-%2000%20-%20FC_zpsjx5onhth.jpg

For those that may not be aware the second season of Daredevil is now available on Netflix.

Back