1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Dayton Audio amps

Discussion in 'Amplifiers & Receivers' started by Dentman, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Dentman

Dentman Well-Known Member

2. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

LINKY NO WORKY.

3. Dentman

4. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

If you mean the APA150 amp, it is a very decent and capable amp. It has a fan, so there's that, but it does what it does quite well for the money.

5. Dentman

Yes that's it. I was considering two in mono bridged mode for my mains.

6. Flint

I would recommend a true 150 watt amp which can handle low impedances instead if you think you need 150 watts. Bridging mono isn't the best approach. This amp isn't rated to drive a 4 ohm speaker in Mono mode, and while it can handle it at low power, if you really need 150 watts it could be too much for this little amp *notice I keep calling it a little amp).

I bet you can find a decent used amp that can handle your needs for around the same price.

7. Dentman

Thanks, this is why I asked.
    I like the price I see on the used Adcoms, like the GFA-555 and the like. Parasound seem to hold their higher price tag.

8. Flint

9. Dentman

Maybe the little Dayton for possible surround duty with my little SVS satellites.

10. Dentman

11. Flint

Want me to buy it?

12. Dentman

Yea if it's no trouble for you, that would be awesome. I can pay pal you the cash or bring it in person next week.

Thanks.

13. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

Damnit I love happy endings!!!

14. Dentman

Lol

15. Flint

So I bought the amp after the seller let me hear it in action through a pair of energy towers. Dent should have it soon.

lakedmb, Randy and heeman like this.