• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dvorák: Symphony No.9 (New World)

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133

In one of my posts in the "Mini SoCal..." GTG thread, I mentionned listening to Dvorak's "New World" Symphony when we were at Soundhound's. This is one of my favourite "classical" pieces of music - for good reason (if you've ever listened to it.)

Anyhow, that listening session was enough to inspire me to research, track down, and acquire additional recordings of this fine piece to add to those already in my collection. Here's what I came up with and ordered online today.

Jeff Mackwood

Attachments

• 51qYQfyxReL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51qYQfyxReL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 61ph5M00-fL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    61ph5M00-fL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 215
  • bcdc228348a0000cf766e010.L._AA300_.jpg
    bcdc228348a0000cf766e010.L._AA300_.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 215
I have that first one, it's pretty good. The other I have is the London Philharmonic cond. Batiz. Not sure which I prefer, actually...

I've got an early (1979?) vinyl release from MoFi, too lazy to run downstairs to see who it is.
Dang, I gotta get my turntable set back up...

PaulyT said:
I have that first one, it's pretty good. The other I have is the London Philharmonic cond. Batiz. Not sure which I prefer, actually...

Pauly,

I have two versions with the London Philharmonic in my collection: conductors Sir Colin Davis (1999) and Istvan Kertesz (1966).

I thought I had something on vinyl as well, but nothing's showing up in my database. I think I'll need to actually search for it!

Soundhound,

If you catch this thread, can you post some details on the CD that we listened to at your place?

Thanks.

Jeff

Back