• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dynaudio Revamped the Confidence Line

Just a note; I wouldn't get terribly excited about any updating of product in audio-land. Like almost every technology in audio, loudspeakers are an extremely mature technology and of course manufacturers will scream that the "new" version is amazingly better. Does that mean that the previous one was intentionally bad, or that they were too stupid to make it as good as they should but they didn't make that mistake with the new one? Of course not; its marketing. Don't get sucked into it unless you really have a reason for some upgrade.

Sell my C1's because they are now vintage and have someone I know design me a mid-range and tweeter to compliment my awesome woofers??
I'm in. I'll buy those C1s for $500 (for the pair). I'm sure that'll be a great deal, soon...

No no no no.....

You sell the Focus surrounds and move the C1s to the surround roles then build the new mains.

All the DIY inside jokes. I am confident no one will take that new speaker plunge. See what I did there?

I've got $1551.28C on the way that will be looking for a good cause!

Jeff

Just a note; I wouldn't get terribly excited about any updating of product in audio-land. Like almost every technology in audio, loudspeakers are an extremely mature technology and of course manufacturers will scream that the "new" version is amazingly better. Does that mean that the previous one was intentionally bad, or that they were too stupid to make it as good as they should but they didn't make that mistake with the new one? Of course not; its marketing. Don't get sucked into it unless you really have a reason for some upgrade.
A voice in the wilderness.......

A voice in the wilderness.......
Oh, we heard you. And I agree. We're just busy giving heeman a hard time, that's easier on our conscience considering all the upgraded gear we've all bought over the years.

US pricing:
20: 12,995/Pair (Including stands)
30: 17,995/Pair
50: 26,995/Pair
60: 39,995/Pair

Big jump for the bookshelf over the C1s...

Back