• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Elac Debut series

I've heard the higher end concentric-driver speakers (coaxial) and was very impressed overall. If their lower end speakers share the same general characteristic as the big boys, I imagine they are good.

Yes they do. I just read a very good review from Stereophile and saw several on YouTube.
They have my interest

I've heard the higher end concentric-driver speakers (coaxial) and was very impressed overall. If their lower end speakers share the same general characteristic as the big boys, I imagine they are good.
Yes, coaxial drivers. I forget the speaker designers name but he is highly highly regarded. This line is his breakout design with the company.

Are you putting a high end listening room in your newly vacant extra bedroom?

Lol...
It's even worse. We just bought a new house, move in next month. Anyway it's a rather large place and it has a good size media/game room upstairs. For the first time I don't have to build a room!

I'm starting nearly from scratch though. I have a real good but dated pre amp, and a unpowered SVS sub. That's about it.

I will have to come down and advice you on where to put your beer can holder.

il_570xN.1189698636_7tmn.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/513815...E9u509BorMcSUdRiKuZ9pn5m-JtgTx5yKUaAvcS8P8HAQ

Here ya go, hang this...."And they will come"

Any of you guys spend any time with these speakers?
I own a pair of the debut B6s. They have a little bit of an overpowering bottom end, but very detailed mid range and smooth highs.
Bare in mind they have been in my converted garage as we remodel so they have not been placed in optimum spot nor the Marantz slimline NR15xx powering them been adjusted for them.
Having said that..i like them. They are very versatile, sound is clean as stated above, they feel rock solid, and for the budget.
The cons for me: at 6 ohms they do rewire more power
The bass can be a bit too much.
Rear port. I'm used to my front ported Klipsch RB -61s. They really do need to moved put from a wall.

For my little "theater" I'm putting together for the converted garage I think I will sell thes and go with 6 Klipsch RB-51s and a sub.

When I listened through older Harmon Kardon at louder volumes I really enjoyed them.
Side by side next to my Klipsch RB-61s I like the Klipsch better. Maybe I am just used to the sound profile of my Marantz/Klipsch combo. So now that I have that slimline Marantz in that future little "theater" I think the smaller RB-51s and a sub is they way I'm leaning.

Thanks for the review. Let me know if and when you want to sell them. If priced fairly I'll take them off your hands.

Back