• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Every Beginning Comes from Some Other Beginning's End

yromj

As most of you know, our house has been on the market for a while. Well, it finally sold last week. The people that bought it are a really cool younger couple. They bought the theater "as-is" so I'm going to be working with them on getting the remote customized for them and showing them how to use everything. During this process, I am going to inform that they shall host a GTG next Spring for us. :happy-smileygiantred:

Right now we're focusing on finding a temporary place to rent while we find a lot and build a house. We have some house plans drawn that we like pretty well but I need to tweak a little. I'll post our progress in this thread.

In the meantime, I'm going from excitement to fear to heavy sadness about this adventure. I'm excited about the prospect of a new house with a new HT, I'm scared about something biting me in the ass, and I'm sad to leave my brainchild where I have so many pleasant memories. I also plan on using this thread to flashback to some of those memories.

So, let's all reminisce and plan for the next great Arkansas GTG.

John

Congrats John, selling a house is such a HUGE relief!
I am curious as to what exactly you meant by this:
I'm sad to leave my brainchild where I have so many pleasant memories.
:think:

Great news. We've been through 2 new home builds but those were home builders in a subdivision.
Sounds like you will be using a custom home builder, real stick builders, not a puzzle builder. That my friend sounds like fun but you have to keep your eyes on 'em. I know ya'll will do your homework.

Wow, that's a big load off your mind I'm sure, getting that house sold. Good luck on finding the right new spot, and I'm very anxious to see how the new build progresses!

Congrats!

Jeff

ps. The US dollar is going gangbusters versus the Canadian dollar right now, and there's lots of places in Canada with relatively inexpensive land to build on. And I think that under NAFTA, engineers (and their families) get pretty much a free pass into our respective countries to work and live. Just saying... :)

yromj said:
As most of you know, our house has been on the market for a while. Well, it finally sold last week. The people that bought it are a really cool younger couple. They bought the theater "as-is" so I'm going to be working with them on getting the remote customized for them and showing them how to use everything. During this process, I am going to inform that they shall host a GTG next Spring for us. :happy-smileygiantred:

Right now we're focusing on finding a temporary place to rent while we find a lot and build a house. We have some house plans drawn that we like pretty well but I need to tweak a little. I'll post our progress in this thread.

In the meantime, I'm going from excitement to fear to heavy sadness about this adventure. I'm excited about the prospect of a new house with a new HT, I'm scared about something biting me in the ass, and I'm sad to leave my brainchild where I have so many pleasant memories. I also plan on using this thread to flashback to some of those memories.

So, let's all reminisce and plan for the next great Arkansas GTG.

John

That, without doubt, will seal the deal. Congrats!

Rope

^--- Yeah telling them that a bunch of dudes from an internet group will descend on their house, eat all their food, drink all their booze, and piss off their neighbors by making noise all through the night... yeah, big selling point there.

Botch said:

My current room was the result of many months (years?) of planning and execution (thus the "brainchild"). I also have tons of fantastic memories in this room. I remember everything from Keith talking about his pants moving to Franklin almost throwing my remote at someone. Somewhere, there are lots of pics of that kind of stuff.

I can't wait to get rolling on the next one.

Zing, I am impressed that you remembered the name of that thread. (BTW, I thought that thread had been imported to this forum but I didn't find it at a quick glance.) Maybe you'll come see the next one... :eek:bscene-buttred:

John

PaulyT said:
^--- Yeah telling them that a bunch of dudes from an internet group will descend on their house, eat all their food, drink all their booze, and piss off their neighbors by making noise all through the night... yeah, big selling point there.

Yeah, I was going to put a little differently than that...but that's pretty much a GTG. Funny how we keep having them though, huh? Because they're a FREAKIN' BLAST!!

John

yromj said:
Botch said:

My current room was the result of many months (years?) of planning and execution (thus the "brainchild"). I also have tons of fantastic memories in this room. I remember everything from Keith talking about his pants moving to Franklin almost throwing my remote at someone. Somewhere, there are lots of pics of that kind of stuff.

John
Gotcha, thanks!

My second GTG was when T7 and I drove to your place. I will never forget this:

We were eating pizza on the deck and I heard these very loud explosions..................I asked you if there was an Air Force Base nearby and you answered, no that's the sub you hear; Ghost Protocol was on in the theater..... :scared-eek:

T7's was the first every HT I was in and yours was the second........

Best of Luck on your new Adventure!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

What do you guys do w/ your wine, whiskey, and whisky corks? I've saved most of mine over the past couple of years thinking that I would find something to do w/ them in my next room. An idea is starting to form, but I'll need some more. If you don't keep them for your own uses, and have some place you can easily keep them, I would appreciate them.

Thanks,

John

Back