• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Failed USB Stick - Warranty Replacement

D

Deleted member 133

I've had a number of USB sticks over the years and have never had one fail - until recently.

My everyday workhorse, a Patriot 128GB Xporter Magnum started acting up a few weeks ago. I won't detail all it's symptoms but it was pretty obvious that it was giving up the ghost.

I was about to smash it to pieces and toss it today when I thought "Hey! I wonder if Patriot has much of a warranty on these puppies?" Turns out that every one sold in 2011 and before has a "lifetime" warranty and every one sold after that has a five year warranty. I can't recall when I bought mine but you don't have to be good at math to see that it doesn't matter: it's covered regardless. So I went through Patriot's online process today and the defective one is getting dropped in the mail tomorrow and at some point in the future a new one should show up.

Given that my version cost something like $150 new, and that current comparable versions are in the $80-100 range, it was well worth taking the time to think before smacking it with a hammer. (I'm kinda hoping that they replace mine with one of the new USB 3.0 versions.)

Jeff

Well the new USB flash drive arrived today. As hoped for, it's a latest generation USB 3.0 model (Supersonic Magnum 128GB). Hats off to Patriot for a great warranty program and super service to back it up.

Jeff

Back