• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Far Cry New Dawn

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
97ca263a59cb38765c7558517f70171458f07f12.jpeg

If there are any Far Cry fans here, let me say that I'm enjoying this new one very much. It's a direct sequel to Far Cry 5 which, to many accounts, had one of the most unsatisfying endings ever, but this one kinda redeems that IMHO. Anyway, nice graphics (even if hot pink is a bit overly used as a theme), decent story line, great skill/upgrade system, decent companions, and I REALLY like the way they added the "recycled" outpost capture system, so you can do the same ones multiple times with successively tougher enemies. It all works very well.

Yes, this is what I've done for most of my day off today. So suck it bitches.

97ca263a59cb38765c7558517f70171458f07f12.jpeg

If there are any Far Cry fans here, let me say that I'm enjoying this new one very much. It's a direct sequel to Far Cry 5 which, to many accounts, had one of the most unsatisfying endings ever, but this one kinda redeems that IMHO. Anyway, nice graphics (even if hot pink is a bit overly used as a theme), decent story line, great skill/upgrade system, decent companions, and I REALLY like the way they added the "recycled" outpost capture system, so you can do the same ones multiple times with successively tougher enemies. It all works very well.

Yes, this is what I've done for most of my day off today. So suck it bitches.

Ok, now that I have a 13 year old son who loves to play these games I have slowly dipped my feet in the water. Last FPS I played was...Wolfenstein..honest!! That being said I am on the last level of Far Cry 1 and it is driving me absolutely fucking crazy!! I don't have the finger dexterity or the speed or the smarts to cycle through weapons and reload fast enough. BUT...I can see how these fucking games can be absolutely fucking addictive. Do you get my fucking drift????
Mike
PS: I will probably have to get my son to finish the game. A hollow victory indeed!!

I can see how these fucking games can be absolutely fucking addictive.
:laughing: Yeah I'm totally with you there. This is my favorite type of game - Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, Skyrim, Witcher - all fps/rpg games in a large open virtual world.

you forgot Fallout 3, fallout 4, the division, ghost recon wildlands, and a couple more from ubisoft (fanboi)...

i have the problem of never finishing any far cry game aside from far cry 3 (the gun starts jamming was a great dynamic)...

anyways, glad you're enjoying it. was far cry 5 good? im thinking of getting into it again.

i dont like playing monkey climbing towers tho. got sick of that sh*t a while back.

I liked far cry 5 but its ending was annoying - but as I said new dawn sort of brings that into a different light. Right, forgot about the fallout series, I enjoyed those as well.

And I probably enjoyed far cry primal as much or more than any of the others in the franchise. But FC4 and FC5/New Dawn are up there too.

I am way behind on games. Just havent had much time. I'd like to give these AC games a try. Witcher 3 is my all time favorite.

I'd like to give these AC games a try.
There are so many... Both AC Origins and AC Odyssey (the two most recent) are more or less stand-alone, in that they're not directly related to other titles in the series. I loved both of these. I also really liked the American revolution one - Assassin's Creed III - although that one's linked a bit more to its predecessors. It's complicated...

you forgot Fallout 3, fallout 4, the division, ghost recon wildlands, and a couple more from ubisoft (fanboi)...

i have the problem of never finishing any far cry game aside from far cry 3 (the gun starts jamming was a great dynamic)...

anyways, glad you're enjoying it. was far cry 5 good? im thinking of getting into it again.

i dont like playing monkey climbing towers tho. got sick of that sh*t a while back.

You need to go outside too

hahaha!

i have a date with an 'Anthem' game tomorrow. :D

seriously tho, got the goddamn neck pains aching a bit more today.

Oh, and Dying Light is another in this genre that I love, one of the few that I've played through multiple times.

Oh, and Dying Light is another in this genre that I love, one of the few that I've played through multiple times.

thanks, i remember you recommended that to me several times, but never got into it. i even got the demo, but didnt appease me as much.

must be the aftertaste i got off of Dead Island.

Another game to add to this general genre list: Hitman. I played the first one but didn't really get it. I'm now into Hitman 2 and I really enjoy it. I don't think I quite got how it was supposed to work the first time around, where missions are meant to be replayed. This game as a unique system of challenges and save/reload.. You know that song "50 ways to leave your lover"? Well this is "50 ways to kill your target." But with how the save system works, you don't have to run the entire mission completely through in each way, you can just play around with different assassination methods (subtle and otherwise ;) ) and reload back to an earlier save point.

Anyway, Hitman 2 has great graphics, large mission areas (not the open world of Skyrim but still), lots to do, reasonably interesting plot. They also have a feature where you can get an expansion pack that brings in all the mission content of Hitman 1, played within Hitman 2 (with 2's mechanics, and exchange of weapons/items, etc.).

word of advice on hitman tho, you will need patience and time dedicated to play this one.

Yeah it's not an action game like some of these others, but I really enjoy the strategy and experimentation to figure out some of the "trick" kills. Some are pretty funny, too.

Back